[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If asking out a coworker over text, should I say: >Would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: asdfasdf.jpg (51 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
51 KB, 720x720
If asking out a coworker over text, should I say:

>Would you like to get coffee some time?

or

>Would you like to get coffee next weekend?

I feel like the second would let her turn me down more indirectly (oh, I have plans that day), but it would express my interest all the same and make things less awkward a work....I dunno, which is better? I only have her number for work purposes so not like she gave it to me because she wants to fukk, but she does smile a lot when we talk so I was curious what you guys think.
>>
>>16903511
Do it in person.
>>
Ask in person you autist. First ask if she would like to "sometime", if yes, suggest a day.
>>
I prefer just telling people what I'm planning and let them decide whether they want to join. Especially in your case this provides an easy explanation. There's nothing inherently romantic about "I told my coworker about something fun I was planning on doing and extended an invitation as a courtesy." However do note that I called it an explanation, not an excuse. HR can still ream you over a platonic invitation. "She does smile a lot" gives me the impression that you're not going to get a positive reaction and will be fired soon thereafter. But it's your job to lose.

Tell her that you plan on going to a particular place to do a particular thing (even if it's just coffee or whatever) on a particular day. She can join if she wants.
>>
>>16903518
I have like a chance once a month to do it and I pussied out yesterday. We work in different departments, different shifts, and are not allowed to go into each other's departments. I think if she likes me it won't matter if I ask her out over text. But anyways, can you answer my question?
>>
>>16903518
This. If the number is primarilly for work, she seems amiable, and etc, then do it in person.

I would go with the latter, but tack on a "or, some other time if that doesn't work for you?"
>>
>>16903522
I asked her to go to a music show over the company messaging system (lol) exactly the way you wrote it out in your post here. She said she was visiting her friend in Albany that weekend, but hey she didn't say she has a boyfriend, and I didn't get fired!

But I could ask in person, but I would have to wait another month or however long until I happen to pass her in the hallway. I talked to her yesterday and she just had this huge smile as soon as she saw me (I could feel myself smiling equally huge) we talked as she leaving work, and I SHOULD have asked her out then.

So yeah, I do have to try texting her this time or else I would have to wait.
>>
>>16903524
See now this is where you have gotten weird.

Because either
A) you are lying about how often you see her.
or
B) You want to ask out a girl you who smiles at you when you see her once a month. Which is kinda weird.

But to answer your text question i would go with
>Would you like to get coffee some time?

based on what you have told us i am sure it would be best to keep this invitation as open and as broadly approachable as possible.
>>
>>16903533
Well I'm glad to hear that you didn't get in hot water over the invitation, but you should consider taking a hint. Here's what real enthusiasm sounds like:
>Oh I'm busy that weekend! Let me know the next time you're seeing a show though, I love live music.

And here's what turning you down sounds like:
>Oh I'm busy that weekend! Sorry.

It's great that she smiles but you can't confuse that with genuine enthusiasm. I bet you smile at her too, right? But the difference is that you also try to figure out how to spend time with her outside of work. Notice how she's neither doing that nor supporting your attempts to make it happen. That's the difference. Find someone who is as keen on being around you as you are about them.
>>
>>16903539
To explain, I used to see her a few times a week when she worked in my department, and we sat next to each other. Pretty much any joke I would make she would laugh at, and always be smiling huge. Like no other girl I interact with at work smiles as much when I talk to her as she does. She could sit anywhere, but she still sat next to me.

But yeah, talking is really restricted and against the rules at my work place, so even while I did work with her for a few weeks, our talking was limited.

>based on what you have told us i am sure it would be best to keep this invitation as open and as broadly approachable as possible.

So what exactly do you think I should text her then? I was thinking:

>Working at [company name] we don't really get much of a chance to talkā€”so I was wondering if you would like to get coffee the weekend after this one, or some other time?
>>
>>16903542
> Notice how she's neither doing that nor supporting your attempts to make it happen.

Women pretty much never, ever ask guys out first. I feel like there really was attraction between us, just made a thread to ask how to format my message, not to discourage me from messaging her, but thanks!
>>
>>16903511
Snake we have to deal with the fucking shagohod, put down your goddamn codex!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.