[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How late does a period have to be before you can say they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 878x1170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 878x1170
How late does a period have to be before you can say they've stopped?
>>
>>16902904
If you're around fifty and they've stopped for about two years.
>>
>>16902910
I'm 21 and I last had one in january.
>>
>>16902912
Are you preggs?
>>
>>16902919
I wouldn't think so, I haven't had sex for like two years.
>>
>>16902912
Everything is normal. If you are afraid of being pregnant go to a fucking drugstore and buy a test. Simple as that.
If you feel something is odd like you could have cancer or something go see a doctor, still very simple.
>>
>>16902921
After 3 months go to your doctor
>>
>>16902922
How do I know if something's wrong? I've got an autist-level pain tolerance and the self-awareness of a brick. How do I tell what's serious and what's not?

>>16902923
3 months is the limit?
>>
>>16902928
You should simply call your doctor and they can tell you whether or not you should come in or at what point to come in if it continues.
>>
>>16902942
I just don't want to waste their time with something unimportant.

If they turn away women who are genuinely sick, why should I waste their time with something that isn't blatantly obvious proof of illness?
>>
>>16902950
It's their fucking job. In what shithole do you live that docs turn patients down, no matter the reason?!
>>
>>16903191
I don't know where you are from but women's feelings don't really matter around here.

The basic principle is that women feel all sorts of things all the time so a woman saying "I feel that there is something genuinely wrong with me physically" is just her being a moody dramaqueen but a man saying the same thing is a genuine symptom because men are stoic and women are whiners.

I've known so many girls and adult women who have been flat out told "you can't possibly feel like that" when they have gone to a doctor for feeling bad, instead of being tested.

Maybe there's a lot of false positives, too. I don't know.
>>
>>16903230
Your cunt not belching blood is not a feeling, it's a physical symptom. Whining does not apply here.
>>
>>16903261
How do I know if it's serious or not?

They can just tell me that irregular periods are normal and nothing to worry about.
>>
>>16903277
You can tell this yourself too. They have the necessary instrumentation and experience to tell it with great confidence unlike you.
>>
Maybe two or three paragraphs?
>>
Hi OP, don't listen to those who tell you that it's normal. You might have PCOS or an ovarian cyst or whatever, those things are treatable but not "normal", at least if you plan on having kids one day.

If you don't have regular periods with a rhythm that means you won't be ovulating. and not ovulating means you're infertile. See an endocrinologist, solve that shit, take hormone tests, fix hormones. They usually treat these cases with contraception pills.

Source: I've been dealing with this shit all my life
>>
>>16903346
Does PCOS have any other side-effects than infertility?

I'm not planning to repeat my parents' mistakes and have kids.
>>
>>16902904
I like this ocelot a lot.
>>
>>16903691
I think it depends of what hormones are unbalanced in the person. Every hormone has different side effects when it's not in order. for example hair loss, getting fat..beard growth etc.
Lots of stress if cortisol is high..your thyroid is also very important..check hormones and ask a doctor for opinion
>>
>>16903691
Yes.

It causes you get get fat more easily so don't be a lardo and stay active.

Can also cause excess hair growth that resemble masculine patterns - wax is your best friend.
>>
>>16903730
I'm fairly normal weight, staying comfortably at 130 lbs, not balding, I just grow like 3 moustache hairs on the corner of my mouth.

Would I become underweight if the hormone is fixed? Can this be the source of an anxiety disorder?

I had my thyroid tested once when I was 16, they didn't find anything weird.
>>
>>16903230
Wtf. Truly a shithole. I'm from Germany and very grateful for it. Sorry for you. You from some Arab or Asian country?
>>
>>16903746
probably not since you obviously don't have a side effect of getting fat. but it could have something to do with the anxiety. hormones make ppl anxious. just look at our moms for example:D
>>
>>16903756
Eastern europe.

>>16903759
My mother is obese and diagnosed with PCOS and literally always stressed at all times.
>>
>>16903765
I'm >>16903759 and also from Eastern Europe. I have pcos too and am constantly stressed but at normal weight. So we can conclude symptoms are different depending on the person. she obviously succeeded in giving birth, which is the most problematic thing at pcos patients
>>
>>16903782
My parents had a really hard time conceiving.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.