[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
small questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3
ITT we post small questions
post in here if your too scared to make your own thread or think its not a good enough question.

try to keep it short. only include essential info.
>>
File: image.jpg (379 KB, 645x641) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
379 KB, 645x641
What kind of job should I look for while trying to build my art portfolio?
I've worked in retail and in an office and neither gave me enough time to work on art or money to live on.

What kind of roles have plenty of hours at unsociable times, don't require a degree and might even give me art contacts?
>>
>>16902867
try the swing/grave shift at a gas station. or maybe spend the hindred bucks and get a guards liscence and become a security guard at a parking garage/loading dock. theyre needed 24/7 so you could probably get one thats late.

ones that might get you art contacts though? thats tougher. maybe try and get a janitorial job at a college and visit the art classes before/after your shift. this last vit might be very difficult.

good luck to you anon.
>>
>>16902867
Barrista in a fashionable city.
>>
>>16902867
I had a friend who worked in a call center and tried to sketch pictures of the people he talked to based on their voice. The hours are unsociable as hell, and you get tons of downtime. Depends on what your medium is.

Working in a call center is tops though, it pays like gangbusters.
>>
Is this the most appopriate board to post an education related question? I pretty much only browse /fit/ and /fa/
>>
>>16903453
if your asking us to do your homework try >>>/wsr/ if you dont know why your teacher is molesting you then thus is the place.
think ofit this way if the answer is universal /wsr/ if its subjective and debetable /adv/
>>
>>16903663
It's pretty much whether or not I should apply to uni.
>>
>>16903700
Then yeah we are the board for you.
>>
>>16903705
aight thanks
>>
>>16903700
if you can afford it and would like to learn then uni might be very good. it gives you competitive skills for the job market and you can meet a lot of people who are interested in similar things. if you are scared you cant afford i or dont think you are teady maybe you shoild hold off for a while. school can be really good. but yeah that would go on this board if my advice wasnt sufficient.
>>
im here for the little guy
>>
Did anyone here go to a single sex highschool? Did it affect you in anyway socially?
>>
>>16904676
Isn't a fuck buddy exactly what you're looking for? So what if he's a fuckboy fuck him and dump him.
>>
>>16904684
>dating site
>looking for friends

Murder should be legal
>>
>>16904687
>>16904681
>tfw /b/ was more helpful
advice? yeah fokkin right.
>>
Why would anyone be afraid of posting on an anonymous board? ...I just don't understand.
>>
>>16904691
Maybe because you're a fucking moron /b/ is more your speed
>>
>>16904692
people are asshats :D
>>
Sincere question:

What do people do? I mean, with me being a socially isolated twat since the beginning of primary school right through to the end of uni, I've never quite figured what people actually do outside of work and school.

Hell, I don't know what people talk about.
>>
>>16904768
Football
>>
Does the girl at work like me?
She avoids my glare.
She always seeks me out when I'm bored.
We banter at lunch.

But she's way out of my league. Legit pretty. Has a lower back (when her scrubs ride up) that is honestly Playboy worthy.

I feel like the chump that takes her attention because I'm the only competent person under 30 working here.
>>
>>16904692
people might be afraid of saying something that others wont approve of.

>>16904768
they hang out with other people, clean, sleep, drive, eat. other than that they pass the time doing something like a hobby. (this all on top of working and school.)

>>16904955
i cant tell with the info if she likes you. but you shoild ask her out for a coffee or tea some time (whichever is more appropriate based on your culture) and see how that goes. get her number. hang out more. and if it feels right take her to dinner and go for it man. looks arent everything. you gotta be confident.
>>
I've been trying to get closer to this girl whose number I got on Monday.

The only plans I have to approach her were taken from anime/manga and reading things on this website. Thing is, I don't really know places to go where I live, and decent restaurants(not fast-food or similar) are expensive.

The "let's go on a date" thing doesn't seem to apply here in Brazil unless mutual romantic interest was established, or you've been friends for a while.

My question is: I don't want to rush things with her, but I want to ask her out on dates/casual meetings for us to know each other better. How do I approach this without an implied "I'm interested in you, what do you think of me?"?

I fear making it very obvious I'm interested in her is a no-go, since it'd be coming "out of nowhere", but at the same time it could be good to know if she'll sacrifice some hours of her weekend to try and get to know me better too.
>>
>>16906095
i dont know that much about brazils culture. but if you were to ask her to do something thats not typically a date or is really casual to do it should be ok. things such as grabbing a drink together (not alcohol)

i guess just one day be like "hey lets hang out after work. when are you off? then just chill out with her for a half hour to an hour then make an excuse and take off. if she needs a ride give her one otherwise just say you have a couple of errands and head on out. if it goes well follow the third response as instructions >>16906030
>>
I want to know how to stop repeating same mistake?
In detail its a simple task and I apparently each time have the slightest minor mistake like missed a spot and I want to be perfect and on top of it am I lacking motivation? What can I do Almighty op or way I can prevent slip ups?
>>
>>16904692
People can still be mean even if they don't know who you are.
>>
>>16906124
what exactly is the mistake? typically the way it goes is you will always make at least a tiny mistake. but always try to recognize when you have made one and know what yoy could have done to prevent it and try to do that next time. have a more zen like attitude towards the task. if you do it enough eventually the mistakes will be so minor they wont matter. so take it easy man. i heard once that rug makers always make at least one mistake on purpose at their looms so that the bad spirits can escape and be free. embrace your mistake and learn to learn from them.
>>
>>16906114
I don't have a car nor can I drive, so giving rides isn't possible. We both take the bus and the metro here in São Paulo.

Grabbing a drink isn't something we do a lot, here. The couples around me either met their SO's in parties, through work or college/school. I don't attend parties and I'm unemployed right now.

We're taking Japanese lessons and we meet twice a week, for a short period of around 30 minutes before class.

I could try asking total strangers on the streets for advice or do some research. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>16906178
go for a walk, or maybe ride the bus with her to chat even though you need to go somewhere else. sorry i couldnt be more help.
>>
>>16906151
Op like (simple example) you clean a clean a sink. Someone poin s it out and lectures you and give you their way of their system of how they do it. And you do your hardest to show your understanding and there's that one spot. Eventually when you get down and later on a slip up happens when you least expect it and gfrt houned that you can't retain info and not motivated
>>
>>16906191
Riding the bus with her might work, but right now I think it'd give her the impression I'm following her.

I'll try it once we've gotten a little closer. Thanks.
>>
Just out of curiosity, what stores sell condoms? 7-11?

Not underage, just a virgin.
>>
>>16906200
if its related to your job or its a similar amount of importance, try to repeat (even out loud if you wont be embarrassed) the whole process of cleaning a sink in your head, mistake free then do it. do it every time until you can do it without the mistake.
if its your hobby, take it easy. realize you made a mistake and keep on keepin on.
>>
>>16906223
Drugstores. Convenience stores. Supermarkets. And most of what's open after midnight, whatever nature commerce they might be of.
>>
>>16906225
Thankyou wise op for you advice
>>
im sad
>>
>>16906223
if youre here in the US. 7-11 and other gas stations yes. but they will be overpriced. other better/cheaper places are places like a grocery store with a pharmacy (they should be in the pharmacy section with the other otc drugs) or at a place like CVS or wallgreens. just wander around until you spot it. should be near the pregnancy tests and also near the back. some popular brands of condoms are durex and trojan so those are keywords to look for. dont be nervouse your first time buying them and if you chicken out its OK, just make sure to put the item back where it belongs.
>>
>>16906236
Oh ok. Most general purpose stores it seems. Makes sense.
I don't post on /adv/ often: why can't I quick reply? Why do the threads not update? Both work fine on every other baord.
>>
>>16906243
cheer up dude. try playing a nostalgic video game or watching a show you watched as a kid such as full house.
have a happy song

https://youtu.be/fBGSJ3sbivI
>>
I'm not sure if I should ask a girl out. I'm interested in a couple, but I've recently had some really bad depression come out in me. I'm going to be getting help for it soon, but a couple weeks ago I was hanging out with a friend (one of the girls I'm interested in) and she told me about how she doesn't believe you can love someone if you don't love yourself, and it really struck a note in me. Besides that, one of my best friends thinks I rush into relationships because I want to feel loved and use others to do so, and that makes me even more weary.

Should I try pursuing another relationship now, or should I wait until I'm better?
>>
>>16906249
if you use an adblocker it might recognize /adv/ as /advertising/ see? so maybe consider whitelisting 4chan or just the /adv/ board. link can help

http://www.peroro.net/2015/01/add-site-adblock-plus-whitelist.html?m=1
>>
>>16906257
>she doesn't believe you can love someone if you don't love yourself
i agree with her. there isnt a way to have a lasting, healthy relationship if you dont take care of yourself. you should take a step back, check yourself, and learn to appreciate being alone. gain some confidence, care about yourself, then go get in a relationship and you can have a very positive experience.
>>
>>16906252
thank you

that video is really creepy though :/
>>
>>16906316
tab out. close you eyes. the song it happy.
>>
well this seemed really sucsessful so im gonna tripfag and tell yallbill be back in monday to do more of the same to help the little questions. if this thread is stil alive ill do my best to answer questions i feel are unanswered. otherwise ill start up a new thread. goodnight anons have a good weekend!
>>
>>16906296
How do I know when I'm ready?
>>
>>16906468
you will feel better about yourself and feel less lonely when you spend time alone.
>>
Invited by a girl to a nude beach. Was already nervous but not her best friend and the friends brother are going. She's already said she expects people to bail so I feel trapped. What do. I'm just not really comfortable with my body even though I've had sex with her before.
>>
What do you do when you feel like you've actually found the right person, but they're not ready for a relationship?
Do I wait for them, or try to distract myself and try to get this feeling to pass because it might just be BS in my head?
>>
Where can I buy an SD card and an SD card reader? I need these things for my 3DS because the SD card I currently use is full and I can't buy new games or download updates anymore.
>>
>>16906716
Amazon you fuckwit, did you not think to Google it?
>>
>>16906890
I meant in which stores irl, otherwise I wouldn't have asked.
>>
>>16902879
Came back to this thread to thank you anon, I looked into a job at a gas station and not only are they going to let me work straight away I'm also allowed to work on my art at the same time and have days free for meetings! Thanks anon
>>
>>16906544
Information is kind of important in this kind of situation.

I would probablt say, with this amount, you should keep your options open on both ends. Start looking around and if you see an opportunity, don't be afraid to take it just because of this other girl.
>>
If someone is acting distant but assures you everything is ok...is this likely to be true?
>>
>>16904692
Actually its more of people getting no replies. When we have threads that are more generalised with multiple different question its easier to answer i guess?
>>
>>16906509
go for it. have confidence. own it. kmow your hot. i dont care if you are or not act like you know you are. dont be cocky just be confident. plus being nakes os just normal life minus clothes. think of it that way.

>>16906544
like the guy said needs more info. make a whole thread man.

>>16906716
you can usually find them in the electronics section at walmart near the camera supplies. or near the front of wallgreens/CVS by the flash drives and headphones.

>>16906932
no problem man thank you.

>>16907052
it may be true, but there might be something going on. i think this is worth a whole thread but typically just to be safe you shoild be careful to be there for them at this point.
>>
>>16904680
sorry for not replying. i really dont know. make a whole thread.
>>
>>16902827
you're* too scared
>>
>>16907595
oh thank you anon. i will be sure to correct that next time around.
>>
>>16906908
Fry's electronics, Best Buy, maybe even Walmart
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.