[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to blow up at my group. They rarely do their work, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Kill me father.jpg (184 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
Kill me father.jpg
184 KB, 625x450
I want to blow up at my group. They rarely do their work, and when they do its done so poorly I just erase their content on google docs and write it myself. I explicitly told one of them to not just write "everything went well" for the conclusion, and he does exactly that.

I tried talking to the teacher about this and she just told me to deal with it basically. I'm about to lose it, how the fuck do you people handle these projects?
>>
Your teacher won't evaluate the work you've done?
>>
>>16902698
Nope. For instance some other guy in the class had a shitty group too, and the person who was in charge of writing the title page failed to add the guys name.

The teacher gave him a 0 and refused to change her stance. I'm really dreading taking statics with her, because the mean exam score was 55%.
>>
>>16902694
Is this a business class? Sounds like a business group project. Hates these fucking things.

Does your teacher do any sort of peer reviews afterwards?

>Also, you have shit taste in guns m8.
>>
File: M1 Garand.jpg (343 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
M1 Garand.jpg
343 KB, 1024x768
>>16902759
>Is this a business class?
Nah, entry level engineering class. I couldn't take some of the classes I wanted to, so I took a design class to fill up my schedule.

>Does your teacher do any sort of peer reviews afterwards?
Yes but it's not going to have a serious impact for better or worse according to the syllabus. +/- 5% on final grade

>Also, you have shit taste in guns m8.
Here have some more friend
>>
>>16902739
Wtf, your friend got fucked. I mean ask her wtf you want you to do to convince other people to do shit? That's harsh.
>>
>>16902765
Ah. That sucks. Well...if it's just you doing everything, I suggest taking the boss position and assigning them their work. Go into detail on what they need to do: retards like them need their hands held. Tell them that too.

Treat them like shit and call them out. Be super assertive, and don't forget to call them lazy, slacking motherfuckers who will never get anywhere in life off the backs of others. Be sure to laugh at their work and criticize them out loud in class. In the end, hopefully they will start to do more work to "prove you wrong"

>That garand
Good to see another Kommando from the cringe threads.
>>
>>16902694
If the teacher doesn't acknowledge what you have to say, talk to the next person higher up or just talk to your Dean. In the real world you're gonna have to work with people you dislike and people who are absolute shit at doing what they do. You have to take initiative and tell your supervisor about it.
>>
>>16902806
>I suggest taking the boss position and assigning them their work.
I have, they just don't do their work.

>Treat them like shit and call them out. Be super assertive, and don't forget to call them lazy, slacking motherfuckers who will never get anywhere in life off the backs of others
I've been getting progressively shorter and more critical, and nothing changes.

I've been starting to wonder if one of them is autistic or something, and I don't mean that in the internet diluted sense. I mean legitimately on the spectrum, and not very high functioning. At least I can see the end of this class over the horizon.

>>16902813
>If the teacher doesn't acknowledge what you have to say, talk to the next person higher up or just talk to your Dean.
Yeah I might do something like that. I figure my friend who got royally fucked probably has a stronger case than anyone.
>>
>>16902694
Show the teacher the work they hand you along with the final product you produce. Let her see who's doing all the work.
>>
This is the exact point of the exercise. What do you do irl when a group doesn't function?

You do all the work because you respect yourself and have a work ethic. Those mf get to ride on your coat tails.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.