[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holding hands for first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 2t.jpg (71 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
2t.jpg
71 KB, 728x546
I'm just starting to date a girl and she is really really shy, we are going extremely slow

whats a good way to hold hands for the first time with her? I want to do something that will make it easy for her but also to make it clear that its not an accident

I'm going on a date with her next week where we'll be walking around a park at some point, my plan is to sit down with her on a bench for a bit, then ask how cold she is (she gets cold easily), and then ask to feel her hand to see if they're cold, then take her hand in both my hands as if I'm checking their temperature and go quiet for a bit and look her in the eyes while gently stroking her hand

any other tips or ideas for doing this that you guys have
>>
File: 1454809229801.jpg (154 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1454809229801.jpg
154 KB, 640x427
>>16902653
What age are you two? This is a board for 18+ users. We don't solve high school, nay, middle school questions here.
>>
>>16902714
I'm embarrassingly old to be having this kind of problem, well over 18
>>
Just do it. How long have you been dating? You need to get at least to kissing her asap.
>>
>>16902653
>my plan is to sit down with her on a bench for a bit, then ask how cold she is (she gets cold easily), and then ask to feel her hand to see if they're cold, then take her hand in both my hands as if I'm checking their temperature and go quiet for a bit and look her in the eyes while gently stroking her hand
I think that's a bad idea. If you're going to be holding hands be deliberate about it and act like it's not a big deal and she'll probably roll with it if you're not autistic, don't use a creepy roundabout excuse to do it...
>>
Do it like the animoos, brush pinkys, gently link pinkys. Throw in a shy glance and continue about your business with linked pinkys.
>>
>>16902776
I agree with anon here. You're making a huge deal (which is fine, you've never done it, new experiences) out of something that is ordinary. People touch hands everyday, eg. handshakes. Honestly just grab her hand while you're walking or crossing the street. Don't treat like a kiss. It should all be feeling too, if you feel like you want to grab her hand, be bold and do it. That's something that really helped me out, being bold. I wasn't bold enough to make physical moves, so be bold my man.
>>
>>16902714
>>16902768
>>16902773
Not everyone started dating before they hit 18.
For some people, this sort of stuff can be completely new. How is a person with zero previous experience on this sort of matters supposed to figure out how to proceed?

Not Op btw, but I am in a sorta similar situation.
>>
>>16902776
>>16902796
alright I guess I'll just try and figure out when it feels right and then go for it
>>
>>16902809
For most people, it comes naturally. How can you not know how to even hold hands?
>>
>>16902816
I'm not the guy you replied to, I'm OP, but basically I grew up as a loser and didnt really have any real interactions with women until fairly recently so now I'm trying to fake being natural without having any experience at all
>>
>>16902816
It is not about not knowing how to hold hands, it is knowing when it is appropriate/if the other person even wants to hold hands. If you got zero experience at reading the reactions and behaviors of the opposite sex, you can be rather hopelessly clueless about if and when you should even try to hold hands, not to mention do anything else really.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.