[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>last week have a girl hit on me at tennis >track her down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: uROJYzz.png (906 KB, 853x960) Image search: [Google]
uROJYzz.png
906 KB, 853x960
>last week have a girl hit on me at tennis
>track her down on fb using her first name and add her
>now shes completely ignoring me at tennis
What do?
>>
You acted like a creepy stalker and you're surprised that she's reacting like this?
>>
>>16902639
No he wasn't creepy for adding a person on facebook. That's normal human behaviour.

Maybe she's just not in a good mood right now OP. could be something personal in her life. Try talking to her (in real life), ask how she's been, etc.
>>
>>16902643
Shes talking with everyone else. I literally just added her. And now shes the polar opposite compared to last week. I saw her and said hi and she looked really awkward as opposed to last week where she actively talked to me.
>>
>>16902658
Because "tracking someone down" is creepy. You shouldn't of added her until you talked to her more.
>>
>>16902626

You sure she hit on you? Are you sure she wasn't just talking to you?

She is probably just creeped out by the process you must have had to go through to find her on facebook - searching through people with her first name, remember what her face looks like so you can actually find her...

Oh well. At least you know now that she isn't interested and you read her incorrectly.
>>
>>16903647

You make it sound like he did something bigger than type her name into a search bar and hit "friend." It's not exactly a marriage proposal
>>
I assume she was being friendly and you sent off "I wanna bang" signals that she didn't reciprocate, so now she's all awkward. She likely still added you on Facebook because she doesn't dislike you, but now she wants to make sure you don't get the wrong idea. Continue on with business as usually, not ignoring her but not actively seeking her out. It's all you can do, bringing it up or trying to get conversation back to that will just end awkwardly.
>>
>>16903690
It shows that OP's trying to find everything about her life without properly knowing her. That is creepy. Did she even accept the friend request, OP?
>>
>>16903710

oh my God it's crazy how you guys overthink the smallest details. Normal people don't do this. You can send a Facebook request to whoever the fuck you want. She might not be interested, but OP is not a stalker for trying to talk to her online after talking to her in person. If she doesn't respond, whatever, move on. But it's not life and death, and he's not a freak for trying. I think you're just a fucking pussy who wants everyone else to be a pussy too
>>
>>16903720

>You can send a Facebook request to whoever the fuck you want.

FYI: this isn't how normal people use facebook. You're thinking of kids who are just trying to add as many friends as possible. "Normal" people actually consider friending someone to mena that you are actually friends who spend time together, they are disturbed when someone they don't know searches for them and adds them, especially women.
>>
>>16903720
This guy is talking sense

>>16903774
This guy is full of shit, and probably projecting really hard
>>
>>16903774

Mate I'm not talking about complete strangers. They met on tennis and they were flirting. Sending a Facebook request at that point is basically the same as asking for a phone number. It's just a way of trying to talk more. It's fucking fine. It's not like he's hiring a private detective, it's her Facebook page, it exists so that people can contact her. If she doesn't want to talk, she'll just ignore his request.

This particular girl might not be into him, but that doesn't mean he should be more fearful and cowardly next time he meets a girl. There's nothing wrong with trying. For fuck's sake, you don't have to go through a job interview process just to ask for her number or send a Facebook request. How'd you get so scared of trying?
>>
>>16903795

You're adding pieces into OP's story.

The simple fact is that he tried to add her and now she is ignoring him. It is wholly obvious what happened so I don't understand what the purpose of this discussion is, besides the other fact that OP apparently has no social skills and doesn't understand the faux pax he committed... like other people itt.
>>
>>16903820

>You're adding pieces into OP's story

Where? That they were flirting at tennis? Literally the first line of the first post

I agree, it sounds like he's getting the cold shoulder. It happens sometimes. When you actually try, you fail sometimes. That doesn't mean you never try again.

He didn't do anything creepy by sending a friend request. At all. It just showed that he was interested in getting to know her outside of tennis, and at the moment, it seems like she doesn't want to.

In my experience, it actually gets more uncomfortable and sometimes even "creepy" if you wait too long before making any kind of move. It makes it so that the stakes get way too high before you even take the first step, and it doesn't have to be that way. I'm not saying you have to be overly aggressive like some of the PUA shit says, but a friend request is not aggressive, asking for a phone number is not aggressive. You can show interest in another human being without being labeled a creep. It's actually less creepy if you're up-front about it
>>
>>16903852
Thanks senpai. Im pretty much over her now. In hindsight it probably wasnt a good idea to add her but hindsight is truly 20/20.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.