[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"just BEE urself!"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Frontcover.jpg (186 KB, 822x862) Image search: [Google]
Frontcover.jpg
186 KB, 822x862
How do I develop a personality?

I'm a dull cellist who doesn't really know how to react to things or keep up with popular topics or media. Just got a job in sales because I have a knack for faking being a normal person until the conversation begins to go somewhere, I know just enough to be a decent salesman.

I don't know how to express myself. I posted the other day about writing a symphony (an entire fucking symphony mind you) for a girl I met a bit back but some anons kindly pointed out how creepy and unnecessary that would be, it would only alienate her. It makes for a decent foot note though.

Any advice?
>>
>>16901095
>I don't know how to express myself
Elaborate.
>>
>>16901095

You sound more interesting than most morons out there... keep playing the cello and writing music, but do it for yourself... not for some girl. Have a good wank and you'll soon forget about the girl.
>>
File: Backcover.jpg (171 KB, 1200x909) Image search: [Google]
Backcover.jpg
171 KB, 1200x909
>>16901135
Well for example something that might make me extremely sorrowful happens. A family death. A rejection of love. I used to cry as a child but now I'm...just, expressionless. Same thing applies for happiness typically, unless I fake smiling/laughing at someone I just met to make them stop talking to me.

>>16901156
Thanks anon, appreciate the support. It gets lonely sometimes, especially when I can't practice.
>>
>>16901095
You already have personality you just don't know how to express it and you're probably trying to hide it without even realizing it yourself.

Firstly it's important to understand that you should not try to please everybody, there are people who you'll get a long with really well and there will be people who will simply not like you. Be honest when you talk, this means that instead of telling people things you think they want to hear you tell them things YOU actually want to say. It's OK to disagree and have different opinions about things as it makes you more interesting and usually spurs a healthy debates and discussion where people can actually get to know the real you, not the fake insecure version of you.

Doing something huge to a girl who is not your girlfriend and who you barely know is creepy because tells that you're desperate and that you're clearly doing it only to get something in return like relationship or sex. Stuff like that is meant for people in well established relationships so save it for much much later like proposal or after marriage because only then it will be considered as act of love instead of lust.
>>
if you wrote me a symphony i'd fuck you on the spot desu
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.