[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ I'm going on a first date with a girl I know from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: porsche.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
porsche.jpg
363 KB, 1920x1200
Hi /adv/

I'm going on a first date with a girl I know from my university. I've known her for about 2 years but only recently got to know her a bit better, since we have a class together this semester.

Anyways, I met her at a party last week and asked her out. I got her number, and I'm taking her to a bar tomorrow.
I like her a lot, and I think she likes me as well, so I don't want to fuck it up.

I've never done this before, that's why I'm asking, but I've been feeling pretty confident as of late, so I hope i don't fuck it up.

Any tips for me? What to do, what not to do?
>>
... Relax?

Just talk to her. The only real tip I can give is THINK before you speak. Take a real 5 seconds before you say whatever it is you're going to say.

Don't talk about yourself too much. Ask her questions, let her have the floor.
>>
>>16900941
What should I ask her about? Her hobbies, her interests? What she likes to do in her free time etc.?
>>
>>16900944
Those are all the same things. Her hobbies are what she does in her free time, and her hobbies are things she is interested in.

Ask her what she's studying and why, talk about the teacher in a class you have together or smth, ask where she's from, if her hometown is out of state, etc.

let the conversation flow. i mean, do you like the girl? then just ask stuff that YOU are curious about. you'll be more apt to remember that way.
>>
>>16900950
One more question, is it expected to kiss her at a first date, or should I just wait for it to happen naturally?
>>
>>16900970
just wait for it to happen, when it feels right. forcing it bc "first date" is dumb, bt if it went well, it is expected. dont worry though. you seem nice enough.
>>
Thank you guys, you've helped me more than you think.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.