[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Professor of math class sent out an announcement which says "I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1456989415592.png (213 KB, 464x560) Image search: [Google]
1456989415592.png
213 KB, 464x560
Professor of math class sent out an announcement which says "I have noticed many students have been cheating on my last few homework assignments. Some outright plagiarizing from online, some changing a few words, and some clearly reading online solutions and then trying to write them in their own words without understanding what they're saying. All of these are absolutely unacceptable and unfair to the students who make an effort, and something needs to be done. We will discuss this as a group in our next class."

For some reason, I'm really scared to go to class.
My answers are in my own words, but have lots of logical gaps because I didn't know things and used my tutors' answers for help and I think one of my tutors, a friend of mine, might have looked online. So it might look bad for me.

If I bring in all my notes showing that I understand the material fully and that my answers represent my work, will that help?

I'm freaking out, what can I do?
Does the fact that many students did something, or that I didn't receive a personal e-mail or anything, change anything?

I've got a past cheating on my record from a different professor, which has already been all dealt with, but it means I have no credibility in this kind of situation.
>>
Plus there are questions on my homework assignments which I left blank because I simply didn't know the answer and I'm fairly certain my homework scores were not very high to begin with, so all of this is pretty good evidence to show I'm ok, right?
>>
It doesn't sound like you're in trouble yet, but he's going to give you a warning in class as a group, and if it continues then he'll take further action. I wouldn't worry for now, but do your own work next time.
>>
Wait, let me get this straight, you did your homework, but you're scared the teacher might assume you plagiarized it or something?

Are you in 4th grade or something?
>>
>>16900450
I'm terrified because I had a previous warning given to him about having posted a question online asking for help and told him "ok, I won't cheat or anything." After that, I deleted my account online altogether and haven't used it or looked at it at all since, and that was when I got my tutors.

>>16900456
I've just been cleared of a different charge of cheating because I had asked for help for homework on a math question in a different class online. I am terrified because they punished me for that and if anything happens to me again, I'm scared.

I'm like 90% certain my homework falls under that category of "People are clearly looking at the answers and then writing up solutions with no idea what they're saying."

Yes I am very scared.

Does it sound like he's going to take it to the student conduct office again? (if he does, I could be expelled or something, really).
>>
File: 1430643947332.png (78 KB, 246x280) Image search: [Google]
1430643947332.png
78 KB, 246x280
>>16900464
Sounds like you're a faggot and your teacher is a cunt. It's fine, I have the perfect solution: each time he acts like a dick (like he is acting now) slash his tires and key his car. If you know where he lives break his windows or paint his entrance door.
Sooner or later he'll figure out it's karma for acting like a dick and he'll stop acting like a dick.
>>
>>16900438
If you did the right thing, there is no reason to worry
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.