[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whens a good time to text her back after getting her number?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2
File: 1457577705849.jpg (143 KB, 758x758) Image search: [Google]
1457577705849.jpg
143 KB, 758x758
Whens a good time to text her back after getting her number?
>>
>>16900335
2 days
Go for coffee when you have time, not her. Nothing more
>>
>>16900341
But after 3 days is bad?
>>
>>16900335
Never because she is 2hot4u.

The number is probably fake anyway.
>>
>>16900335
same day next day is usually too soon, 3 days getting too long and she'll be forgetting you, 2 days is just right

I'd say either next day or 2 days
>>
File: 1431701441984.jpg (111 KB, 750x732) Image search: [Google]
1431701441984.jpg
111 KB, 750x732
>>
>>16900427
>Same day next day is too soon
>I'd say either next day or 2 days

?so next day isn't too bad?
>>
Next day
All that waiting game is bs. If a girl likes you amd you like a girl do you really want to start a relationship of a game?
>>
I'd like some femanon input. I've been fairly fortunate maybe but pretty soon seems better, they wanted to talk, two days you might seem like an asshole or uninterested. I'll admit ten minutes later might be weird but same day is probably OK. Not sure where the three day thing came from, movies and TV I guess. At the end of it all I doubt femanons put this much thought into texting.
>>
>>16900335
Anyone explain why you can't text too soon? Girls seem to like it when I text them right away, but usually they they text first. Usually I just invite them to whatever I'm doing. Is the two day waiting thing only for people that don't have much going on?
>>
Bump for more answers plox
>>
like EVERYTHING, its all about context
is she a slut for a quick fuck or a girl you really like?

if the former, text next day
if the matter, text in 3 days
>>
>>16900938
latter*
>>
>>16900335
If I realize a guy is trying to play "games" or purposely not text back as quickly as normal I'll drop him. I don't play games, and passive aggressive aloofness will do the exact opposite of keeping me interested.
If you want to text her right away then do it. If you're busy and don't feel like doing it immediately then wait. Unless she's immature and clingy or plain stupid she won't be into that bullshit
>>
>>16900595
Because people know their personalities suck so they try to play stupid mind games to keep the girl/guy on their toes.
>>
>>16900946
but how can you tell if its aloofness or being busy?
>>
>>16900954
I doubt girls do it, and if you're asking how to tell if a guy is doing it, hard to say. Realistically no one is so busy they can't text back for multiple days.
>>
>>16900954
If you go out of your way to ask me for my number and don't text back for a couple days it's pretty damn obvious. If you're so busy that you can't text anybody for days straight then you undoubtly have no time to date. And again, if you have the balls to get a girls' number but don't care enough to text h r right away then you're clearly not interested. But it's easy to tell when somebody's pretending to be aloof. My guy friends do it with girls they meet and show me the conversations, I've had guys do the same thing and always end up rolling my eyes and giving up. I want an assertive man. Not an insecure, insincere boy
>>
>>16901001
You're so right, seriously. I know people want to make a good impression but analying the shit out of texting, give me a break. The key point is girls don't like assholes but don't like weenies even more. If you like her, text her, it's not seeming desperate or too eagar it's going for what you want.
>>
>>16901150
So just send it anyway?
>>
>>16901172
What the fuck do you think
>>
>>16901240
No
>>
Don't text her back
>>
>>16900335
The first time you think about her after you stop thinking about her.
>>
>>16901810
That's deep
>>
>>16901810
>>16901842
thats literally what i do but i smoke (or smoked) a lot of weed so my brain is slow on the return for things like this. it's deep but it's also not, it essentially means whenever the fuck you remember her after the initial meeting.
>>
>>16901846
Its a good philosophy to have
>>
same day text. simple "hey this is my # Bruno" or w/e works that isn't try-hard. 2 day rule should be after you fuck. whenever Thursday falls be it next day or or in 5 days is when you should text to set up a date
>>
I know Op pic we were childhood friends her name starts with an s and last name starts with b
>>
>>16902099
Really?
>>
AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

All these replies about 2-3 days is bullshit. You text her as soon as you have an idea for a date or a place you want to take her. As always, how confident you are matters way more than just how long it takes you to respond. Obviously, never respond too much faster than her, because that MEANS (not looks like, means) that you're not busy, aka, not working on something important, aka a fucking loser.

Like this,

"We're going to X"
"oh reallyyy?"
"What you don't like Z?"
"haha idkkk anon I guess you'll have to show me"
"I'll pick you up at Y. Wear something sexy"
"Ooo ok I'll see you at Y hahaa"
"Don't be late"

You are the stone, she is the water. Remember that. Women want to be with a man that lets them feel comfortable in their natural state: irrational and emotional. When you are emotional too it just confuses them and makes them feel nervous. Being a man means being rational and calm. NOT "uptight", which is often how newbies misinterpret this or think that it's what it means. Think of yourself like a body-guard or a statesman. Stoic. Punctual. Understanding, but not mushy.

If you don't have a plan she's going to pick up on it and going to lose interest in you quickly. Men with plans are going places and mean success to her, which is what she wants from you. If you don't have a plan, don't bother texting her until you get one.
>>
>>16900335
when you are still in front of her
>>
>>16902888
Always having a plan is a bit much though
>>
>>16902897

Only if you're neurotic about it. Otherwise, you appear organized and stable, both attractive qualities to healthy women.
>>
>>16902903
What if I'm disorganized and mostly busy?
>>
So, she messaged back fairly quickly
That's good shit yeah?
>>
>>16903010
But it's less than 5 words
>>
>>16903010
>>16903022
No
>>
>>16902888
I fucked up. Big time.
>>
>>16904214
How?
>>
>>16900335
don't fall for this too soon bullshit. if you were outside with her and you both enjoyed it text her the same day... like evening or something.
>>
>>16904286
Wouldn't that be considered too needy?
>>
>>16904311
I don't know the context but as I said if I was outside with a girl and we both had a good time I don't see a reason why not to tell her that I enjoyed it one more time via text message and say good night.
if she likes you she is not going to look for flaws and think that you are just obsessive and desperate.
>>
I use the waiting to weed out the inconfident. It's way easier to be liberal with your password and chat to multiple guys at once than having the heavy investment of going in person all the time.
More than a day later is block status (generally, depends on who it is).
>>
>>16900335
No more than 2 says. Use the time apart to plan your next adventure.
>>
if she gave you her number you probably made a good impression on her.
but this good impression is not going to stay forever.
wait way too long and she will forget why she gave you her number in the first place.
all the good emotions will be gone by the time you message her and unless you are able to recreate that impression withing those few words your message consists of you are fucked.
>>
>>16900335
I text immediately "hey, this is Matt". That way they don't forget your name and can put it into their phone.

After that I text the next morning once as is tradition "I had a really good time talking with you last night. It was nice to meet you."

Then she'll say "yeah me too" or some shit.

Then you ask if she's free on x day to go out because text conversations are for high schoolers. Just use it to ask them when to meet up and where.
>>
>>16904408
What if my name isn't Matt?
>>
>>16904411
Change it, nerd.
>>
>>16904416
This is getting way too complicated now.
>>
>>16904417
Nah, just a few papers and you're done.
>>
Wait till the next afternoon around lunch time or so. Text to soon and she'll know your a needy bitch
>>
>>16904419
Still too much, can't handle
>>
>jumping hoops for women

hahahaha holy shit you guys are pathetic.
>>
>>16904905
This thread became extremely salty
>>
>>16905347
Fuck off
>>
>>16900335
the next day the next day THE NEXT FUCKING DAY

texting her back the same day is desperate and makes you seem boring. most guys think waiting 3 days is smooth and mysterious but it's not, she thinks you've flaked, or are texting 3 other bitches on the side, or otherwise completely forgot about her.

you text her the next goddam day, to setup something within the next 3 days (or she will flake on you)

this is science
>>
>>16904905
>jumping hoops
jesus it's like people have to interact with other people on equal terms.
>>
>>16901803
Yes, this
>>
>>16905749
What if the guy doesn't set up anything?
>>
>>16902917
Cmon, don't ask stupid questions.
>>
>>16905749

Thanks mang!
>>
>>16900335
When you feel like it, regardless of shitty rules.
>>
>>16905925
And what if it's true?
>>
>>16906067
It's a stupid question because there's an obvious answer.
>>
>>16905862
well then he's not worth dating
>>
>>16906076
Have plans for all that time
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.