[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I work alone on the night shift at a tech company. I am the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: boulderisnotamused.png (55 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
boulderisnotamused.png
55 KB, 200x200
so I work alone on the night shift at a tech company. I am the only one manning the phones until a coworker comes in at an office in a separate state to relieve me. the coworker calls me and says that there's an equipment problem with the phone over on his office. I begrudgingly suggest "well I suppose I can stay a bit" and he says "no just go.. nobody calls until an hour later anyways"

so I go home and think nothing of it. besides, I have to drive my girlfriend to her early morning college classes.

I just check my phone after dropping the gf off and my boss sent me a text saying:

"is there a reason you could not stay and assist with the phones this morning?"

what should I tell him?

I'm kinda freaking out.
>>
also I volunteered today to come in to my night shift 3 hours early to cover for another coworker
>>
>>16899539
"had to take my girlfriend to her college course. I offered to stay but coworker said no just go."

Easy
>>
>>16899550

This

how is telling the truth so complicated for some people
>>
>>16899550
some insanely paranoid part of me is thinking he'll follow up and ask what time my gf's course was and then look up earliest times in which classes start at that college.

my shift ends at 4am and her class starts at 8, which technically means there was a physical possibility for me to stay there

fuck man maybe I need treatment for anxiety
>>
>>16899562
they won't care enough to go into detail. They are probably halfway through the workday dealing with other shit now. And even if they do its not the end of a job for working your scheduled shift and leaving when told to leave.
>>
File: 1254808707520.jpg (173 KB, 1112x832) Image search: [Google]
1254808707520.jpg
173 KB, 1112x832
>>16899578

hey thanks... you're right.
it's a shitshow of being swamped by calls during the day.

I was just being paranoid and needed some consolation I guess

you guys/gals are all right

I actually feel at ease
>>
>>16899550
Wrong. Provide as little information as possible while still providing the correct truth. Girlfriend info is unnecessary and for many bosses would lead to "I don't give a fuck about your girlfriend, this is your job" thoughts.
>>
>>16899613
well then what would you recommend? help me here

what about "I had a time-sensitive family obligation to attend to and I was given verbal approval from my coworker to leave when I offered to stay" ?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.