[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How NOT to forget French?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: french classroom.jpg (53 KB, 780x520) Image search: [Google]
french classroom.jpg
53 KB, 780x520
I am learning French. I used to have an online friend who I chat to every day we lost contact with each other. How can I NOT forget French? I've heard stories of how people forget a language that they rarely use over time and I don't want this to happen to me as I put in so much effort to learn French. Moving to a country where its people speak French is not an option and no, I am not going to travel to Quebec every year.
>>
>>16898984
The best way to never forget a language is to immerse yourself in it.

For example on your social media change your language settings to French and follow French accounts. Keep listening to radio if possible and music. This usually helps if you are still learning.
>>
>>16898992
I prefer English media though. Never got into French pop culture.
>>
>>16898984

Listen to French music, French podcasts, French films, French novels or short stories to begin with.
>>
>>16898984
Also, i'm French if you want to chat.
>>
>>16899001
A good thing to do while watching films/shows is to use french subtitles as well to get a good grip on the spelling of the words.
I used that to improve my English a bit.
>>
In the age of the Internet, it is easier than ever to maintain proficiency in a language. Start hanging out on French-language forums, so that you use the language every day (or very nearly so). You will not forget it then.
>>
If you don't have a passion for their culture, you'll probably forget the language.
Even though there aren't French people around for you to communicate with, you could maintain the language by watching their movies/shows often.
I speak English because constant internets.
Graduated Italian language and literature at uni but without passion for pizza culture I forgot a lot. No Italians around me to talk to.
Yet here I am, forcing myself not to say out loud shit like daijobu desu ka and okaerinasai senpai. Because animu destroyed me and my brain betrayed me and decided to remember shit. Sigh.
>>
>>16899065
I like French culture but I never got into French pop culture.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.