[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Broke up with GF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: roads-diverging.jpg (34 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
roads-diverging.jpg
34 KB, 750x450
I know you get these threads all the time /adv/, break up bla bla, how do I get over her etc.

I just want to know if I am on the right way of getting over my ex and it would be nice if you could give me some direction. We did not have big fights or whatsoever but shit just didn't work out, apparently and we broke up in what I think is a good way.

What I keep doing is spending time with friends, meditation and self-reflection, reading, working, sporting, listening to music, etc. I also walk outside more, but it still takes me some effort not to think of my ex and especially the nice times we had.

Also, I notice something weird. I travelled on my own last year and surprised my then-gf with an unexpected visit in Shanghai. And I notice that I do want to travel on my own after I am finished with my studies, but there is some kind of fear of doing it on my own, even though I did it before. I guess something like this does hamper a bit with your confidence.

I don't necesarilly admire my ex, I look positive to the future. Happy for what it was, though.

Thanks for any advice /adv/.
>>
As a general rule of thumb, it should take about half the time you were together to completely "get over" your ex.

Only thing I can recommend is to work towards goals that you feel would cement your idealistic version of yourself.

For example when I had a bad breakup I lost 50lbs, applied for university studying what I always dreamed of and took up amateur boxing.

Reconnect with your friends if you need to and put yourself out there when you feel ready. Don't be surprised if she dates again soon, it's just how it is.
>>
>>16898866
Thanks man. Any tips on putting up goals?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.