[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf bought me really nice running shoes as a surprise gift...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (139 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
139 KB, 1024x683
My gf bought me really nice running shoes as a surprise gift... is she trying to tell me something?
I have put on about 20lbs in this last year but I thought I carried it well and she's kinda chubby.

Maybe it's nothing because I used to run and she wants to get me motivated to get back to my hobby... or I'm too fat for her liking. Thoughts?
>>
>>16898773
Either way it will be good for you. Even if she doesn't mind the extra weight, she won't mind you looking better, and will appreciate you using her gift.
>>
Buy her shoes too and tell the fat bitch to run with you.
>>
File: 1384690004482.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1384690004482.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>16898773

>... is she trying to tell me something?

There are two scenarios;

Either she is genuinely being nice and wanted to buy you a gift because she loves you,

OR

She is concerned about your health/weight and used a really nice to gift to very gently and supportively encourage you to take better care of yourself because she loves you.

Its a win-win, you've got a great partner. Get your fat ass on the treadmill homeboy.
>>
Don't put too much thought into it. Maybe it's your weight, possibly wants you to reinvest in a activity you loved at some time? A bit of both

I suggest you get at it again anyway, you'll probably feel better both physically and mentally, and lose some weight as a byproduct. You win all the way around unless you are trying to get husky
>>
>>16898780
>>16898789
>>16898792
Thanks guys, you're right. I'm lucky that she did this for me no matter the motivation. Time to get running.
>>
If you've gained weight and she's chubby herself, why not use it as an excuse to exercise together? I always thought the process was infinitely easier when you're actually accountable to someone else.
>>
File: TOUHOUFUHAI.jpg (87 KB, 530x422) Image search: [Google]
TOUHOUFUHAI.jpg
87 KB, 530x422
>>16898773
You can actually win this situation in two ways. One is a pure victory and the other is relatively black-hearted.

You can simply start running, taking the gift for what it is, and become fit for your girlfriend because you love her and you take it that the gift shows her love for you.

Or the slight resentment from the notion that she's suggesting you're too fat for her (despite her own weight) can power you to run too. You'll slim down and might be able to get some outside attention which you can then take or not take and use to motivate her to get her shit together and "keep up" with you.

The only way to lose is not to run.
>>
What the hell is wrong with fat people? It's like they want people to say, "oh, it's okay, you're only moderately fat! it's okay! lots of people are even more fat than you are. stay the way you are, bee yourself :3 never improve"

go running you fatass
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.