[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't figure out citations, and I was on short time so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: fl.jpg (280 KB, 1000x838) Image search: [Google]
fl.jpg
280 KB, 1000x838
I can't figure out citations, and I was on short time so I just sent in my MLA essay with nothing more than the works cited page.

Am I going to get thrown out for plagarism?
>>
Bullshit. If the only problem was that you couldn't figure out the citations, you could still have sent the actual essay you wrote. It sounds like you didn't bother writing the essay, and are using the "can't figure out citations" as a shitty excuse.

As for if you'll get kicked out, it depends on the policies of the place where you're studying.
>>
If you don't properly mark your paper with citations, then yes, they can view that as plagiarism and they very well could punish you however your school deals with that.

You sound pretty dumb if you can't figure out how to cite a paper, so nothing really lost.
>>
>>16898000
He literally said that he sent it but just without the in text citations.
Drop the self-righteous act and learn to read
>>
You could get punished but that depends on your school's policy as well as how lenient your teacher is. Also, citations aren't that hard so your excuse is lazy as fuck. Use Google.
>>
>>16897985
>if you're in high school
No. This is a non issue.
>if it's a lower level college course
You'll just lose a decent amount of points. Depending on the professor they may get on you for being so lazy and plagiarism
>upper level
You're fucked. And if you're in an upper level course and can't figure out in text citations I'm very confused
It's insanely simple. There's so many totuirals. And you could have emailed your professor/teacher and asked in class.
>>
>>16898060
>>16898063
I did citations on a source page, but I couldn't figure out the in-text quoting shit and it was due in minutes so I just said fuck it
>>
>>16898091
Assuming you're in high school you'll probably just lose 5-10 points and get sarcastic comments. That shit will not fly in college though.
>>
>>16898116
well I guess military's still an option.
>>
You only submitted a works cited page? You'll probably just get 0, maybe 5-10 points depending on the rubric..
>>
you might deserve to be thrown out for being too dumb to google something that would literally take less than a SINGLE minute to figure out
>>
>>16898212
I spent an hour reading the page and wasn't 100% sure.

I live close enough to a highway, going to go kill myself tonight. Fuck this, im sick of being a failure
>>
>>16898332
What? Go to bed, dude. Tell your teacher you forgot to cite your quotes in context, ask if you can send it tomorrow night or whatever.
>>
Word has a feature that allows you to put in citations and you barely have to do anything
>>
>>16897985
Citation machine dude, google it.
>>
You won't get thrown out for plagiarism but you're fucking retarded. You'll definitely lose a ton of points. Depending on how coherent the paper is, if you're lucky, you'll receive a C
>>
>>16897985
I highly doubt you will be kicked out but you should put more effort into your essays next time.

Depending on the rigor of the class and the subject of your paper, the consequence varies.

Shit happens. Try your best to avoid those situations but you're not dumb, you're not fucking retarded. It's very easy for people to criticize others and yet offer little to no actual advice. And even easier for people to be assholes. Because people are terrible. You'll be fine.
>>
Whats not to figure out retard

All you do is put (Anon 2014) after the quote, paraphrased sentence, data, or observation

Kek hope they get you for plagiarism
>>
>>16898417
That's APA, not MLA.
>>
>>16898417
On the perdue owl site they had a million different ways of doing it. My prof has given me until tomorrow morning to finish it but I'm just killing myself tonight. I can't take this anymore
>>
>>16898433
Google how to reference in Word. It does it for you.
>>
>>16898433
Dude, google "citation machine". You'll thank me later.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.