[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sad and hate everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: gay egg.jpg (233 KB, 2286x2025) Image search: [Google]
gay egg.jpg
233 KB, 2286x2025
I have some issues, I guess.

I get depressed and feel really unstable and start crying all the time. Today I cried for an hour in the bathroom at work. I take Zoloft, and it helped at first, but now I think all it does is lower my overall level of anxiety a bit.

I don't get enough sleep despite my attempts with pot, ambien, melatonin, benadryl, etc. My sleep deficit builds up, and I get to a point where I become extremely absentminded and overemotional because of it, and then I'm either late for work, or at work but there's no point. I've had insomnia since I was 9 and have tried everything.

My doctor has suggested mood stabilizers to balance me out, but I'm scared of them dulling out my mind. I can't focus a lot (ADHD) and this is a huge source of anxiety for me. My head feels like fog all the time. And if I lose my ability to hyperfocus when I do, I'll flip. I've tried a lot of things for depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc. and no matter what, I end up having the same problems and feeling shitty. It feels like medication is just a false hope and I'll always be like this.

How do I make my brain sort its fucking self out?
>>
You don't. You're fucked. Wait until brain transplants become viable so you can live like a normal human being.
>>
>>16897490
Think you're right.

But I'm only 24. Maybe my brain will normalize a bit as I get older?
>>
>>16897490
>brain transplants
?????????????????????????????
>>
>>16897530
It won't. You're done developing. It'll only get worse.
>>
>>16897437
I would suggest asking your doctor to change dose or medication.
You don't necessarily need medications to dumb you down.
Diet, sun and exercise can help.
In Australia, you can get a referral for 6 free sessions with a psychologist from your doctor. Not sure whether that is available where you are.
Also to help with anxiety it's worth trying progressive relaxation, there are free audio and videos online and on youtube.
I tried this and thought it was silly but it helped me relax enough to sleep.

Hope this helps in some way.
>>
File: 18205140545_c48ca49018_h.jpg (298 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
18205140545_c48ca49018_h.jpg
298 KB, 1600x1066
Here's how you deal with insomnia and depression:

1. regular schedule. go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. No exceptions. if you pick midnight to 8am you have to be up at 8am even if you went to bed later.

2. exercise everyday for at least 1 hour, preferably outdoors. This could be lifting, walking, swimming, biking, team sports, etc.

3. no backlit screens for at least 1 hour before you go to sleep.

4. Get at least 30 minutes of sunlight everyday, directly on your skin. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Sunlight boosts your immune system, gives you vitamin D, and regulates your body's natural clock.

5. no caffeine and reduce your sugar intake.

6. try to have lengthy social interactions at least a few times a week. If this means talking to your mother, talk to your mother. It could also be friends, coworkers, or even strangers. this is very important.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.