[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am I clingy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: mixed-signals.jpg (46 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
mixed-signals.jpg
46 KB, 600x612
I'm 21 and new to dating, please tell me :
Am I clingy considering the circumstances / Is she too distant even for someone really busy ?

> meet girl on new year's
> not used to this so forget to get her number
> girl adds me on facebook few days later

> chatting doesn't work well but set up a date
> date is meh but could be worse
> still not much texting (short answers, often hours later)
> still enough to set up second date

> second date is nice in the beginning
> now I understand she was begging me to bang her
> I walked away like the pussy I am

> bad feeling about the distance between us
> text her basically "I'd enjoy if if we continued to meet"
> she replies "me too but I'm busy so don't get attached" (I know her studies are truely awfully hard, from reputation)
> "ok" , and then third date

> third date we quickly end up in her room
> on her period so it's 8h of cuddling/foreplay (tfw I'm still a virgin)

> today I call her one week after my last text, one and a half since hers.
> doesn't pick up
> 3 texts : "you called ?" ; "... free this weekend ? ..." ; "I'm not in town this weekend."

That's mostly it. So in 3 months we had 3 dates, maybe 30 texts total, 0 successful calls.
We can mostly only meet on weekends but the pityful amount of dates is due to her being busy.

Thoughts ?
>>
>>16896854

you're being clingy as fuck. she's not interested
>>
>>16896864
Good to know.

I'd like to prevent this from happening in the future.
Can someone enlighten me on how often, assuming both parties are interested in each other but just met, one texts and meets the other girl/guy ?
>>
>>16896854
>>16896920

Find other girls to date. If you are obsessing about a girl more than she does about you, you will seen as clingy towards her. I'm confused if the three texts at the bottom of your opening post is from you or her. A girl can have a busy life but if she's really into you, she'd give up sleep just to spend time with you. If you don't pick up a girl's signals to make a move on her soon away, she'll lose interest.

General rule for texting is that her interest level in you is maintained by you texting less than her. However, don't strictly abide by that rule. Occasionally you do have to text a little more than her (as long as they are not essays) but the whole point of texting is to arrange meeting up with her.
>>
>>16896854
She's obviously not into you. When someone is really interested in you they make a solid effort to stay in contact with you - as much as they possibly can. And I don't think you like her either - you just want to get your dick wet is all. Maybe she sensed that as well.
>>
>>16897648
should have been clearer, the second one is from me.

>>16897648
>>16897799
Thanks for the input. I still had hope because she wanted to lend me a music album last time, I forgot it in the morning but still thought of it as a guarantee we'll meet again. Plus I assumed she's interested as long as she agreed to meet me.
And I also want to precise that I grew to like her way too much, to me it's not really about sex. She's actually nicer than she's pretty. But after that "don't get attached" part I just assumed I was her booty call or something.

So I'll move on, shame I can't recognise that by myself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.