[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do about my personality and others?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: tears_zps7c8009ff.jpg (128 KB, 677x677) Image search: [Google]
tears_zps7c8009ff.jpg
128 KB, 677x677
From my experience so far in life I've learned that 98% of people don't seem to care for the real me once I open up/start to feel comfortable around them. On the other hand when I fake being someone I'm not I'm liked a lot but still feel lonely because they don't even know the real me. If someone doesn't like a fake persona I don't care because that's not the real me anyway. So I can be fake and not care if I get rejected but not being able to take peoples affections seriously because it's based on a lie. All I know is there is almost never any plus side to being my real self. I'm introverted at heart but I would still like maybe just one person to connect with. I'm also a dependent person due to adult ADD. I can't learn anything that I don't really care about, which makes supporting myself challenging. I guess that's where I get a slight selfish side from. Subconsciously putting others wants before my own when I think they are all much better off than me to begin with makes as much sense as a starving person sharing 1/2 their lunch with an obese person who already ate. What do you all think I should do about it?
>>
Probably find that one person you can be open with? I'm guessing there's a reason people don't like the 'real' you.
>>
File: wind.jpg (45 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
wind.jpg
45 KB, 640x920
I've opened up gradually through the years, and some of my pals are even reconsidering why I'm even their friend. But I just do what I enjoy. If they say fuck me, then fuck them too.
Regular kiddo
>>
>>16896738
Maybe the real you isn't all that interesting dude. Sorry. But the commie pinko liberal faggots you've had through grade school probably didn't tell you, you were a mediocre human being as to not lower your self esteem(which didn't work, your a pathetic sad sack even know)
I suggest getting your balls out of your purse, and grow the fuck up. I swear to god if anybody on this board is over 20 than this country is beyond ducked
>>
>>16896811
I have a innocent appearance and behavior, if I deviate from what people expect from my outer appearance it's usually met with criticism. In hindsight my lack of social skills was to blame for most of it.
>>
>>16896801
pretty much this

If they don't like the real you, fuck 'em. Get some new friends.

I got ADD too anon. I feel ya. Shits hard. Though drinking has helped a little...
>>
>>16897040
If I try to get new friends the process repeats itself and takes a tole each time. It's getting to the point where I'm just considering talking advantage of my misleading looks and just use people. Since they wont like the real me anyway I may as well get something out of it. So the new option is be disliked for the real me 98% of the time and get nothing out of it or use people to my convenience and only be disliked IF I'm found out and even then at least I'd get something out of it. I'm trying to avoid that because I'd no doubt feel guilty even if they are better off.
>>
>>16896738
>. I can't learn anything that I don't really care about, which makes supporting myself challenging. I guess that's where I get a slight selfish side from. Subconsciously putting others wants before my own when I think they are all much better off than me to begin with makes as much sense as a starving person sharing 1/2 their lunch with an obese person who already ate.

LOL, you don't need to support yourself yet you think it's okay to be selfish towards people who are better off than you. Are you certain that they're all better off than you or are you just making assumptions based on their appearances? How can you justify selfishness when you don't make effort in learning how to become self-sufficient?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.