[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I move to somewhere like nyc or Miami from a shitty small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
How do I move to somewhere like nyc or Miami from a shitty small town? I've never seen anyone here even visit Miami like Tampa is the farthest they get. It's like you're not allowed to touch one of the magical cities if you're from a small town unless you get really rich somehow which doesn't happen in small towns
>>
>>16896456
I live in NYC and i can't even find a fucking job to help my parents with the rent or myself with student loans, so I have to question your motives
>>
>>16896465
Want to produce music and live somewhere where there's no hillbillies
>>
>>16896456
>Find out how much everything costs in the city you are planning to move to
>get a job and try to save money
>save enough for all immediate expenses and a couple months rent/bills
>move there and then look for a new job

This is the safe way to do it. I know some people that just packed a bag and found some roommates without anything planned. Much more shit can go wrong with that approach though
>>
>>16897488
I keep looking up apartments on Craigslist and all I want is a room in someone else's apartment. The prices go every from 600 to 1000 so I don't know if the low ones are scams or ghetto death holes or what
>>
>>16897488
This.

Also follow a real job, dont put all your dreams on "producing music". If thats all you have going, then keep dreaming.
>>
>>16896470
do that at home dumbass, miami is a shithole
>>
>>16897495
Save for the most you would spend, not the cheapest. I'll take longer but trust me, it's worth it
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.