[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a brand new laptop, full of bloat ware. I would like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 450x450
I have a brand new laptop, full of bloat ware. I would like to clean install Windows 10 but I am afraid I will be risking my computer's functionality in doing so. I can't seem to find any straight answer so I'll ask here: is doing a clean install of Windows on a laptop safe? I am a bit iffy on getting the drivers back installed.
>>
>>16896330

yes. worse comes to worse, you'd just pirate windows 7 (which is essentially legal at this point
>>
>>16896339
If you're still here, I'm at a point where I must delete or keep partitions. Is it safe to just delete them all and install the Windows file?
>>
>>16896407

thats generally what you do. otherwise you'd have seperate partitions. hope you savfed the files you want to keep on an external tho
>>
for the drivers MS put a command in that will dump the currently installed set into a folder, then you can put that on a USB stick:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/export-and-backup-device-drivers-in-windows-10-using-powershell

I usually run winaudit and recoverkeys to store the info about the manufacturers loaded programs and their keys.

and getting drivers back on regardless isn't that bad, the service tag on the bottom of the machine will get you to the correct support page. you might have to guess a bit about network cards though, dell and hp love to build the same model with choices but don't make it obvious on the support site which to get.
>>
>>16896425
Ok cool. I didn't save any files because I didn't really have anything on there. I hope the manufacturer website has all the drivers I need.
>>
>>16896426
That's good stuff. Thanks.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.