[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What I can do to avoid hanging out with people every time they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1441604175811.jpg (108 KB, 752x708) Image search: [Google]
1441604175811.jpg
108 KB, 752x708
What I can do to avoid hanging out with people every time they ask me to but without completely cutting ties with them? I have some friends from uni and I don't really mind being with them during lectures or doing stuff like studying at the library together, I just never feel like hanging out with them or with anyone else during the weekend when they ask me to. How can I avoid that?
>>
Get yourself a hobby or something, so you have a reason to excuse yourself if they ask you to hang out. Or just say you're busy with studying.

Alternatively, you could just be open with them, say you just want some alone time at the weekend. Good friends will understand.
>>
That's how you make connections.
I want nothing more than to leave school, or work, or any other situation and just go be by myself. But thanks to social constructs I'm forced to go out for drinks, or parties or hanging out.

It's a few hours of your life that will drastically improve your social life, standing and connections. Stop being a pussy and bear with it, you'll thank yourself later.
>>
>>16896124
I guess I could try, even though for some reason I find it extremely hard to refuse whenever they ask. I also don't want them to think I am being rude and dislike their company or something like that.

>>16896137
But they are not important people or anything, I am not making any connections with or through them. Every time time we go out I hardly ever talk and just tag along.
>>
>>16896116

say you are busy.
>>
>>16896160
There are just so many times I can say that and they will also want to know what I am busy with.
>>
>>16896164

tell them the truth. mix in some lies

>hanging out with my family this weekend
>got a lot of homework to do
>catching up on stuff

they will get the hint, stop acting like the entire worlds circling you asking to hang out.

>there are just so many time si can say that

no there isnt. you can say it an infinite number of times. if you are asking how to trick them into thinking you are as close as people who hang out on the weekends, you cant.

etiher man up, or lie.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.