[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the one to blame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: This kills the operator.jpg (77 KB, 511x788) Image search: [Google]
This kills the operator.jpg
77 KB, 511x788
Hi /adv/, that's how situation looks like:

I know this guy for ~7 years, commute together to the same university. We have similar topics. Everything looks ok, but there's one problem: I have a feeling that from 1-2 years everytime I say something about - he have to reply like:
>No, it's bullshit
>What? No, definitely
>I would do it like this (Ok, this one isn't that bad in comparison to those two above)
Like I'm the one that is always wrong, and he knows truth about everything. I'm not envy about him, since it's obvious that he's more clever than I am. At least I think so.
Another problem is, that I can't hold a normal conversation with people - I can't OBJECTIVELY say if something is truth or false.
I can't say for how long if he was always like that or not, I simply don't remember. (I want to add, that for some time I had a depression-like state, feeling that I'm not that intelligent like ppl think I am. I often make logical mistakes in conversation, or have a problem with focus on talk. Everyday I try to improve my skills, but sadly - I still don't see any effects.)
(Mostly I'm open for critic, I can laugh from myself, but this one guy makes me irritated.)
>Inb4 throw him out of his life
It's not possible, because as I said - we are in university together, on the same year - also he helped me with some things, and in this case: I'm rather the one who slows him sometimes down. Also, I couldn't not face him there, since in my group there are too few people to avoid him.
Also, from some time we work in the same company. At first, we were commuting together with friend from previous school, which we both know. That second guy clearly doesn't like me, but I didn't do anything wrong to him. The problem appeared after one month, I heard everyday their talk about job, like:
>Yeah, I did X and Y
>I did A but something was wrong with B, so I do it tomorrow
>AND WHAT DO YOU COMPLETED TODAY, ANON?

So, Is it me being fucked up, or he is toxic?
>>
If he's really pissing you off, just distance yourself a little. You can still commute together, maybe just be a little quieter, make it clear you want some space.
>>
Uh, explain yourself better. I have no idea what you're talking about but from what I gather you come to him with a problem or talking point or idea and he bounces a counter point off of you. You have no intelligent reply to send back and then end up feeling inferior because of it.
If I'm right, then you're getting pissy about having a normal conversation that's slightly aggressive on his end.
If I'm wrong, then explain yourself better. Because if you're in university and this is your best story telling ability then you better be in university in a third world country.
>>
>>16896114
You're right - maybe It's just because I can't reply properly.

And this isn't my best story telling ability - you can blame it on my lack of speaking english properly.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.