[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is the second time I try zoloft for depression and anxiety.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 230x172
So this is the second time I try zoloft for depression and anxiety. I took 25mg and at the second week I felt an increase in mood and the depression needless to say decreased immensly. The following week however brought me back to depression but a lesser form. I called my Doctor and he said up the dose by 25mg. I did that but the same happend to me and I am in the 3rd week of 50mg. This is fucking frustrating and idk why the medicine is not relieving the depression altogether. P.S Zoloft blunts my emotions a bit
>>
Not sure why this is happening, but have you tried adding lifestyle changes? Excercise, sunlight, hobby you enjoy? I know doctors start you out at ridiculously low amounts, so it could be that you just need more. Or maybe you need a different type. I'm sure if you talk to your doctor he can help. Best of luck to you. Depression sucks.
>>
>>16895638
Zoloft did not relieve my depression, but made a gigantic difference in my ability to my let the things people say to me affect me. Like if someone was screaming in my face, I previously would have broke down as gone silent, but instead it gave me the mental clarity to keep calm and defend myself (or just smile to their face and tell them they it bother me, which was a genuine response).

There is no magic anti-depression pill, OP. The medication is supposed to make you feel "okay enough" to be able to start working on your depression on your own.

Btw I used to take 150 mg at my highest but currently am down to 75 which makes me functional. I will have some really, really bad days but I have not been non-functioning since I was started on my initial 100mg dose two years ago.

If it matters, I was previously on Lexapro (20 mg for three years) that had bizarre side effects. It would make me start laughing when I wasn't actually happy or found something funy. It was a weird, uncontrollable physical response. And it didnt't help my mood. It made me not feel emotiona at all. So I was basically a laughing robot. So compared to that, Zoloft seems pretty helpful for me personally since it does seem to do it's job at the right dose. The only Zoloft side effects I've experienced are slight loss of appetite and tongue-tiedness (yes, look it up, some people on Zoloft experience difficulty speaking when on higher doses) and although that can get weird sometimes, I just take new effort to speak a bit more slowly and enunciate better and people pretty much ride it off as shyness on my part. And not many people experience that. I'm just one of the unlucky ones. But again, it's a good trade off considering my body responds to this med well.

Good luck, OP. Don't lose hope. You might need to adjust your dose with your doctor, and never expect a pill to do the work of alleviating your depression for you. You need to be mindful of your own thought processes and recovery.
>>
>Zoloft blunts my emotions a bit
This happens with most of the antidepressants.
>>
As I've been told with basically every antidepressant, you have to give it a month. Your body getting used to something doesn't signal a permanent change necissarily.

As someone else said, Lexipro, the first antidepressant I was on, didn't react so well with me. On 20mg I experienced suicidal ideation and some of the worst weeks of my life. At first I was not aware that a side effect could be too severe to continue, so I had let the feelings and thoughts fester for a month before saying anything.

After that I tried Efexor, which I didn't like because it cause inorgasmia.

Then I went on Wellbutrin, first 150mg, then 300mg.
On top of the Wellbutrin, Prozac was added. The 300mg Wellbutrin gave me tremors in my hands and feet (since it unfortunately exhacerbates anxiety), so 40mg Prozac balanced it.

It was a good combo until I realized 8 months later I'd gained 20lbs.
>>
>>16895638
i know it's not really the subject of this thread and i'm sorry about it, but how does it feel taking antidepressants ?

I'm a pretty sappy guy and i tend to stay on the edge of depression a lot, but i've never really been in depression.
Only when my ex-gf broke up i had a depression for a few months and i was taking soft anxiolytics almost on a daily basis for at least the whole first month after the breakup. I remember it helped me to not cry all day long but i just felt weird. it was pretty soft though.

But i'm afraid i might fall into real depression one day and have to take antidepressants and i know i'd be terrified taking them because i probably wouldn't know how to live without them once i start taking them.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.