[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend has a girlfriend and he cheats on her a lot. She's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_78516709-500x375c.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_78516709-500x375c.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
My friend has a girlfriend and he cheats on her a lot. She's cheated on him in the past and he broke up with her when he found out. She lies a lot, but for some reason took her back. Now they are dating again. If they were to break up, he'd be really upset. But he cheats on her still, and to be honest, I'm not really sure what she does behind his back.

Thoughts?

And before anyone says it's me, it's not. So don't even try blaming me. I'm just curious what you guys think.
>>
>>16895464
>Can someone really be in love with their significant other if they cheat on them constantly?

My Father had swing-relationships and "whores" all the way through his marriage with my mother, but I genuinely do believe my mother was his real 'love of life'. He did not respect my mother, but genuinely loved and cared for her.
>>
>>16895477
I don't like the girl at all because she's cheated on him and I don't trust her, and I don't like his actions either. I really don't think they are a good fit. That's just my opinion though.
>>
set these to aberrations on fire they are obviously an a miserable couple and a bad example to you and other kind hearted angels
>>
This is maybe a dumb question but if they both want to have sex with other people, why not just have an open relationship or some sort of agreement? I think it's ridiculous that they would each expect the other to be monogamous when they themselves are clearly not.

If your friend is the kinda guy who wants to cheat on his gf constantly but demands she stay loyal, they're probably a great match. Very immature attitude that's not compatible with 99% of actually monogamous people.
>>
Some people enjoy drama. Who cares. Stay out of their business. If anything be thankful that they are together rather than inflicting their BS or random strangers.
>>
>>16895464

depends on your definition of 'in love'. its an abstract concept. we cant adequately measure how other people feel.

id say yes though. some people are born cheaters. they succumb to their temptations. that doesnt mean they dont love. it just means they like sex.
>>
>>16895464
>I'm just curious what you guys think.
They're retarded and if it was my friend I would not care for a bit. I mean it's clear that they won't be ever married happily, so it's kind of a situation that will not last, and they just have to wait for it to fuck up, the longer the worse. Also:
>If they were to break up, he'd be really upset. But he cheats on her still
I have never heard something more retarded. Like... fuck him man. Why would you care?
>>
>>16895464
Nah. Love requires trust and respect. Even if he does really like her and thinks it's love, it's pretty clear he's way too immature and selfish to actually full surrender himself to something like that.

I bet most of these responses would be a whole lot different if it was a girl cheating on her significant other often but the question was can she still love him.
>>
>>16895808
>If your friend is the kinda guy who wants to cheat on his gf constantly but demands she stay loyal, they're probably a great match. Very immature attitude that's not compatible with 99% of actually monogamous people.

You didn't ask a dumb question. But that's how it is. He can cheat on her, but she can't cheat on him. She would never agree to an open relationship. She gets very jealous. He's my best friend, and I ask him to hang out and won't sometimes because of this girl. It's fine, doesn't bother me, but she's not very friendly to other people. I don't believe she's faithful to him though. She lies...a lot. He's caught her in many lies before.
>>
>>16895971
He's my best friend. I worry about him. He's been thru a lot of bullshit in his life, with drugs and the law, its pretty bad. Hes finally improving, and I'm trying to help turn his life around. He's been in a relationship like this before and it didn't end well. He gets with a lot of scummy girls. Like bottom of the barrel. I'm trying to make him see the light. He won't listen. I do agree with what you're saying though.
>>
>>16895464
Men are much more likely to be able to "cheat" without "cheating".

This sounds counterintuitive, but in my experience it is true and history bears that out as well. This is highly simplified and generalized, but men seem to be able to separate their sexual feelings from love and commitment at a much higher rate than women.

For example, if you are a man and someone who is willing to cheat, it is much more likely that a really hot young girl bending over for you will be a decision in the sense of "is putting my dick in this worth the possibility of my girl finding out. Then afterwards that experience is over and done and there's no interruption of the actual relationships.

Whereas for women, it is often the case that the cheating is based on a possible underlying desire to leave the relationship, or if it isn't, it often involves "feelings", then a process of decision making where the woman weighs that old guy vs. the new guy and decides which one she should stay with. Female cheating is rarely "just cause I felt like having something in my pussy", but male cheating is often "cause it was there and I wanted my dick wet".

At a basic level, they seem like the same thing, but at a higher level, they are very, very different. It seems like a double standard, how society approaches male and female cheating, but the male propensity for separating emotional connection from sex makes that double standard "make sense".
>>
>>16895464
I think that's a whole lot of fucking dumb.

we should all hope that they stay together so that no one else has the misfortune of ending up with them not knowing they suck ass at being decent people.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.