[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know if college just isn't the path for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 411x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 411x590
How do you know if college just isn't the path for you?
>>
Did you like Elementary, Middle, and High school?
>>
>>16894818
Elementary school was good, middle school was okay, I had an extremely hard time in high school, especially towards the end.
>>
>>16894826

Socially or Academically?
>>
>>16894828
Academically, but I guess more so emotionally.
>>
>>16894832

What are your hobbies?

What do you enjoy most?
>>
>>16894836
That's also something I struggle with. I don't think I can really say I have hobbies. I have interests, but I can't seem to pursue them. For example, I'm interested in cooking and I'd like to be good at that, I'll make some things here and there, but I ultimately don't do much of it.
>>
>>16894841

Start trying different things.

Instruments, languages, sports, cooking.

If you like cooking you should go to a culinary school.
>>
>>16894848
I agree, I should try new things. I just always end up not committing to them so I am afraid of disappointing myself even more.

I don't feel like I am nearly passionate about anything enough to go to school for it. That's why I'm having doubts about continuing college. I have no idea what I want to study (or if I want to study anything really) and I need to declare a major soon.
>>
>>16894818
>comparing college with lower education
XD
>>
>>16894788
Depends entirely on the university.
>>
Don't rush it. Just remember that college will be an option for you for a long time. You don't have to go to college right after graduating. Take a year or two, do some work (maybe apprenticeship), and try to find something you enjoy or would like to study for 3-7 years of your life. There's no reason to go for a useless course that you're only doing because of "muh top tier major".

Ask yourself what you want to do and WHY you want to do it. Also WHAT you want in life. If you're not sure then try out new things (though things like music may be a bit too late to pick up professionally at this stage in life it's not impossible).
>>
Disregard my last post. I suck cocks.
>>
>>16895074
I took a bit more than a year off after graduating high school, even though I got into good schools. I am now in my first year at community college and I'm struggling.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.