[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice Okay so about three years ago i went to Australia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1385994448198.jpg (69 KB, 572x626) Image search: [Google]
1385994448198.jpg
69 KB, 572x626
Need some advice

Okay so about three years ago i went to Australia for a year and it was the greatest time of my life, I met great people and forged very strong relationships.
Now ever since i got back home i have not been the same and i always regretted leaving and felt like i truley belonged in Australia. Recently i have really considered
going back and i want it to be permanent but i have a few problems. First problem is i am about 10k in debt because of school and the career path i chose wont transition well over seas (i work for a railroad) so basically i need to go get a new career so i have considered going back to school to get a trade like plumbing, heavy duty mechanic, or anything that could get me a skilled workers visa. Honestly the debt problem is that big of an obstacle to overcome its my next problem that really makes things hard...

A year ago my younger brother was diagnosed with leukemia. He is doing really good and has been in remission for a year. Every once in awhile the chemo can be a bit rough on him by making him feel ill or tired/weak, but for the most part he is doing really good. He goes to school, hangs out with his friends, laughs and jokes around and honestly you wouldn't be able to tell he has cancer until he told you.

Now part of me really wants to go back to Australia but when i think about it i always think about my brother and how i shouldn't leave him or my family for my own happiness.
I tell myself it would be selfish of me to leave them and what if his health takes a turn for the worse and i am all the way in Australia? I feel like i should be spending time with him here but honestly i am not happy here and i have not been since i came home. Lately i have been feeling really depressed and when i think back to my time in Australia my heart hurts and i just dream of running away and not looking back but like i said i always feel like i am a very selfish person for wanting to do that.

Am i being selfish for wanting this?
>>
Inb4 Fuck off Were full.

You're not gonna live forever. Your debt problem is going to stick with you regardless of where you reside.

Live your life. if that's in Aus then go for it and keep in regular contact with brother.
>>
Where abouts in Aus did you live?
>>
>>16894770
ever thought about doing railroading in aus? its a lot bigger than the usa, and longer trains
yes family is family but you need to be happy too. living somewhere that you dont like just to keep someone else happy just makes you a performing seal. sometimes you have to be selfish, having a dream that is just for you and just you. if you tell your brother you want to go to aus he may not understand you or your reasons. it sounds like its something you need to do for yourself.
>>
>>16894803

Melbourne

>>16894810

>ever thought about doing railroading in aus?
I've looked into it and it is doubtful. The rules and regulations are vastly different and rules and laws compliance is 100% of the job and there are about 900 rules in Canada you have to memorize not to mention all the signals in Australia are different

> sometimes you have to be selfish

I understand but i have no idea what i would do if something happened to him and i know i would really beat myself up for leaving him
>>
>>16894770
nah mate come up to Queensland
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.