[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do with one million dollars? Be realistic.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1430258197485.jpg (179 KB, 535x401) Image search: [Google]
1430258197485.jpg
179 KB, 535x401
What would you do with one million dollars?

Be realistic.
>>
>>16893462
Two chicks at the same time man
>>
>>16893462
Bank it and keep working.
Interest on 1m bux at .75 isnt even half of min wage.

I guess you could develop property with that and make it much faster but you'd be doing it on top of some form of reliable income.
>>
>>16893479
I wish I could cure my depression instantly like peter desu desu.
>>
>>16893462
I used to carpool with jackie chan's nephew. he was an ass in 6th grade.

I would buy gold krugerands and hide them because the USD is going to tank soon. Over inflation and no gold backing is bad for currency.
>>
>>16893512
Its great

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care"

Words to live by
>>
throw it in the bank, live normally for a few years, then spend the interest when I'm bored
>>
I'd like to keep it secret if possible but that could be hard to do because I'd probably buy a modest house but with some minimal requirements (not attached to another house, off street parking/garage, and an area with decent internet). I'd also buy a solid used car, like two years old and a few nice things for myself (nice meaning good computer, TV, exercise equipment) and set the rest aside. 100,000 in cash in a secret location (maybe even 250,000) and the rest in various investments (probably S&P 500 index), that amount who knows, because I'd probably use some for education.I actually might quit working and go to school full-time to get it done faster and with no debt so I'd need some money for living expenses. I'm not really into designer clothes or fancy cars and shit like that.
>>
>>16893462
1. Buy one or two somewhat expensive hobby items I've always wanted, but couldn't justify buying.
2. Pay off my debts
3. Buy a modest house
4. Bank the rest
>>
>>16893462

film a couple of mini series type things that I've been writing.
>>
>>16893462

1) Properly invest some money
2) Secure a place to live for my mother
3) Pay off my debts
4) Throw a giant party
5) Still feel empty and worthless inside
>>
I don't know sadly. I think I'd still hate life.
>>
>>16893597
None of your stress is money related? It couldn't free something up so you could work on other things?
>>
Pay off my student loans. Buy a whole lot of weed and potentially start my own business marketing it in a legal state. Use a quarter of it on to invest in oil trade stock. Probably live a fairly low key regular life with the rest.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.