[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEED HELP ASAP okay /adv/ I'll try to keep it short My
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1457205158576s.jpg (4 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1457205158576s.jpg
4 KB, 250x238
NEED HELP ASAP

okay /adv/ I'll try to keep it short
My mother has two children, both of whom are significantly younger than me. She has a daughter who is 15 and a son who is 12. She has been divorced twice, first from my father, but three years ago she kicked out her kids' dad. From what my half sister is telling me, my mom went batshit (why I don't keep in touch with her) basically, she kicked their dad out for no obvious reason. He's a really nice guy and loves those kids to death. Recently, my half sister called me kind of concerned. What happened is, her father couldn't continue to afford child support on top of watching the kids half the week AND paying for half of the medical bills, so he contacted my mother and told her she needed to work a day position so he could work two jobs (he was voluntarily watching my half siblings three nights a week for her convenience so she didn't have the stress of a day shift) so she obtained a day position. After about three months, she quit and took back her day position. My mother doesn't want to pay for child care overnight OR lower the child support ($1000 per month plus half of all other expenses for the kids) so she's planning on leaving my 12 year old half brother and 15 year old half sister alone overnight for a few days per week. (2 maybe 3) so, from what my half sister is telling me, is that she's uncomfortable staying home alone at night, but doesn't want to tell her dad because he'll worry, and want to watch the kids overnight again. Meanwhile he's paying my mother so much that he's probably going to me evicted from his house soon. It sickens me my mother is being so selfish and inconsiderate towards her children and ex for this matter. My question is, are there any laws against leaving children ages 15 and 12 alone overnight? Some sources say it isn't permitted while some say otherwise. I'd watch them, but I'm in a different state at University. Thanks guys!
>>
I meant she took back her NIGHT position. She's working night shift again
>>
Wow Anon, that was definitely not short... Just sayin... Really hard to get an understanding of your situation here. Spacing it into paragraphs might help.
>>
Most places, that is not illegal. Even if it is, are you going to call the cops on your mom? Might as well just tell your stepsibling's father what is going on, since if you call the cops, he'll become involved anyway.

I do think that 15 and 12 is old enough to be at home over night... My parents left me and my sisters when we were much younger and we were fine.
>>
File: 1454451222073.jpg (21 KB, 458x461) Image search: [Google]
1454451222073.jpg
21 KB, 458x461
Hm, tricky situation. I am not sure what to say about her kicking the dad out but I can say that fifteen is PLENTY old enough to be left alone.

Shit, I was left alone at like twelve all the time.

I am guessing your younger siblings are more in turmoil about their dad getting booted out than the whole 'being left alone' shit.

Dad needs to nut up and take his kids, who obviously don't feel safe and who would be better off in his care based on mom's erratic behavior.
>>
At least in the United States, 15 is old enough to drive, with a learner's or school permit (you don't even need someone in the passenger seat with a school permit). Yes, fifteen is more than old enough to be left at home. I was baby-sitting four neighbor kids from 7 to 5:30 M-F at fourteen, during the summer. If teenagers don't get some kind of independence they will be helpless babies at 18.

That being said, your mom is kind of being a little selfish here. She needs to figure out what is actually good for your siblings, and it's probably not having their dad live in a box under the viaduct.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.