[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I'm obsessed over my ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_m8xsulgZtX1re0k7zo1_500.jpg (55 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8xsulgZtX1re0k7zo1_500.jpg
55 KB, 500x333
And I don't mean in a bad way, meaning I don't want anything bad happen to him and I genuinely wish him all the best and that he is happy.

But for some reason I can't get him out of my mind. We are not in touch, heck, I haven't even seen him in 6 months or so. But I think about him every day. I can't watch movies with one certain actor cause it looks like him and reminds me of him. If someone has a same name than he does, I immediately get alerted. I imagine him getting married with someone else and having his kids and it makes me angry, disappointed and sad. Of course it doesn't show on the outside and as I said, I want him to be happy, was it with me or someone else.

We are not in touch, I don't have any pictures, I've tried to get rid of him the best I can. But he just won't go. I've dated other men, I've tried doing stuff I find funny. I've blocked him on social media cause it's the only way to keep my sanity.

This drives me crazy. I've dated before and after, and I have never ever been this possessive and jealous. It's almost irrational, and I wanna highlight that I'm not showing my jealousy for him or anyone else, cause I know I don't have the right to be jealous. I just can't help myself, I still have those feelings.

It has gotten to the point where I consider moving to another city cause I can't be here. And if I'd see him with someone else, I'd feel so bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 640x960
I've been in this position and I don't think it'll end the same way for us both. Honestly me and the guy I was dating broke up twice. Once we had forced no contact which basically drove us both crazy. The next time we kept mutual contact, and after a month of grieving I began to feel okay without him.
Honestly, I think what you need to do is let it all out. Allow the contact, allow the obsession to show its ugly face, because bottling it isn't going to get rid of it. Most likely you'll wear yourself out of this obsession by letting yourself feel it. Love is incredibly addictive and it has withdrawals, but the good thing is that you're not going to die from it. If he broke up with you this is definitely harder. This is initial jealousy and missing him. If you were together for a long time then it makes sense why you're still obsessing.
Though if you think it's more serious you can go to therapy because bad breakups have mourning periods. It's mostly an acceptance they're gone which my guess is you know.
I would say contact him but don't let your jealousy get the best of you. Even if he's moved on with someone else, that makes you much closer to moving on yourself. Ask yourself though, do you still love him, do you still wish to be with him? I hate to be stereotypical, but facing your fears directly is a good way to overcome them; same goes with feelings.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.