[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Female friend from childhood dies at 11 from cancer >Been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1456353374757.png (823 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1456353374757.png
823 KB, 750x750
>Female friend from childhood dies at 11 from cancer
>Been friends since we were 3
>Get hit pretty bad by the news but quickly move on
>15 years pass. 26 now
>See something on TV that really reminds me of the situation
>Fall into deep grief and depression, even after 15 years passed

Anyone here went through something similar? I don't know what to do with myself
>>
>>16891833
Go see a therapist.
>>
>>16891840
I did. The grief is not eating me up from the inside anymore (lost 3kg in 2 weeks through lack of eating) but the grief is still there.

I feel so mad about how unfair what happened to her was
>>
>>16891833
You were too young at the time to properly grieve. This means you're going to have to deal with it now, or you'll spend the rest of your life haunted by the things you saw.

>>16891840
Anon is right, find a professional and work out the things on your mind. It'll do you a hell of a lot of good. I suffered a bereavement at a young age and it took me >20 years before I tried to deal with it.
>>
>>16892281
How do I deal with it? I have been truing to do so for weeks. The ugliest phase has passed but the suffering still lingers
>>
>>16891833
>Friend you had in your early childhood dies
>Still caring about it 15 years later
Holy shit. Stop bawling you gigantic baby. Move on. Get busy living while you still can instead of weeping like a big vagina over some little girl that died hella days ago
>>
>>16892388
That's what I've been doing for 15 years, but the grief came back completely out of nowhere and it is not going away.
>>
>>16892399
Uh. Make it go away like you did the past 15 years? Fucking fuck man this is retarded
>>
Dude i love ELP and Tarkus
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.