[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to go on a date tomorrow with my best friend. The story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: datemepls.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
datemepls.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
I have to go on a date tomorrow with my best friend.

The story is quite funny at one point, that we're close to each other even if we met only less than 10 times over three years.
We would just chat a lot.

The thing that would bring me down, not meeting him up, is that I was afraid that the date will be boring, that I wont like him, etc.

I'm starting to struggle again, that something will go wrong. And I REALLY don't want to go, but again, I don't want to cancel the 50th time.

What should I do?
He is a nice guy, and he likes me for years, but I'm just having a bad time being with people.
>>
Do you actually WANT to date him? Because it doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>16891646
My doctor says the way I talked about my life style, said I have social anxiety, but I have my doubts.
I always had a bad time going on dates, I was just like sure it wont go out well.

But about going on a date with my best friend, is more like we're going to go for a coffee, it's nothing so serious.
>>
>>16891664
Then you'll be fine, I promise. You're in a good position right now since you're going out with a friend, as opposed to someone you don't know that well. I understand you're nervous, but I promise that nothing will go wrong. Do you have any techniques that help you with your anxiety? Maybe having something small but familiar and personal in your pocket that you can hold on to for security?
>>
>>16891677
It's not that I don't feel safe, I just feel super nervous.
I mostly just pinch my fingers or play with whatever is in my pocket.

I'm afraid he'll notice me that I'm feeling super uncomfortable, like not making eye-contact or shaking.
>>
>>16891735
No no, I didn't mean security in the sense of safety, I meant it in the sense that something could make you feel calmer and safer.

Does he know about your anxiety? How have you acted when you've met up with him before?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.