[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when you're 21 and still have chuunibyou?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1455380121049.jpg (76 KB, 440x480) Image search: [Google]
1455380121049.jpg
76 KB, 440x480
What do you do when you're 21 and still have chuunibyou?

I find myself constantly pretending that I'm a genius, have superpowers, etc. I know it's something a lot of people grow out of during middle school, but I still do it (not in public, but in front of family/friends). It's fun living in a fantasy world, but I'm surrounded by normal people who are probably more than a little annoyed by my antics. I think being less retarded will help me out in a lot of ways (I'm a science student, so I'd be taken more seriously) but I'm not sure how to change my behaviour, since this is how I've always been. What do I do?
>>
Therapy.
>>
>>16891498
Are you sure you're not autistic? And nigga wtf, I grew out of that stage when I was 5, not in middle school.
>>
>>16891498
honestly, be yourself. If you like living in that fantasy, then fucking do it.

I live in fantasy each day. never really get to the real world. and i know what you mean, people treating you like you're off. I'm a science student also, so yeah they'd definately treat me different if i were to be "normal". but being normal fucking sucks. just be yourself, man. live your fantasy, be happy. if it makes you happy, who are they to make you feel bad about it?
>>
>>16891498
>chuunibyou

What the fuck is this? Urban dictionary said grade 8. What kind of 14 year old acts like they have super powers?
>>
>>16891602
it's actually pretty common. at least if you arent a sports fag or drama cunt
>>
I grew out of it at 22, it's all about making the decision to use your imagination in useful ways. Start creative writing, painting, anything constructive.

Your fantisicing is harmless but understand that your family and friends will think of you as immature, shallow and probably mentally ill if you continue to act like a child.
>>
>>16891498
isn't this just a form of acting? i stopped doing this when i was about 11 but i sometimes day dream about having super powers etc. If you done this in public, i would assume you have autism. There are some weird people in my college that run around pretending to be sonic.
>>
>>16891498
Play D&D and channel your fantasies on to your character. Now you are just playing a game and you won't be a chuuni
>>
>>16891615
Not really though
>>
Crazy people get by in life all the time, why worry about it? Just don't cause problems for others with your antics.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.