[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one make friends? My girlfriend and I recently moved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: fatpancake.jpg (239 KB, 673x377) Image search: [Google]
fatpancake.jpg
239 KB, 673x377
How does one make friends?

My girlfriend and I recently moved to a new city and haven't been able to meet anyone. I'm 25, she's 20, and we're into pretty average 20s kids stuff. I like going out drinking, playing video games, Cards Against Humanity, stuff like that. She plays music, likes shopping, makeup, normal girl stuff. We both occasionally smoke pot but we don't have any connections in our new city.

Neither of us have been able to make a single friend. Where do people normally hang out? In college this was so easy.
>>
Try doing new things together rather than focusing on the habits you already have. It'll compel you to put in a little legwork and, in the process, learn the "heartbeat" of your new environment. For example, think of something you'd both like to take classes on. Then go research where such classes are offered in your area. Between the instructors and other members of the class you're bound to meet new people.
>>
>>16891494
Don't be ridiculous. Adults don't make friends.
>>
>>16891526
I've always liked you.
>>
>>16891531
Same.
>>
Join some sort of organization or club....
These people will at least share some common interest with you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.