[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mother looking for life boat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1456341705442.jpg (81 KB, 798x960) Image search: [Google]
1456341705442.jpg
81 KB, 798x960
>be me
>live alone in rental, single no responsibilities
>mom sells house but doesn't have enough money for comfortable retirement
>she wants to buy a place and wants me to live with her to keep costs down (probably for company too, she's single)
>social security will be like $300/month
>I made 100k last year
>I don't really like living where I'm at because landlord is OCD af
>live on the other side of country for job and other obvious reasons
>last time I lived with mom was 10 yrs ago when I was 18
>it was total shit and I don't like to relive shitty experiences

I love my mom and everything and I want to help her out with retirement but I don't want to live with her

Wat do /adv/?
>>
>>16891345
Don't move in with her.
>>
Maybe send her a few hundred a month or something.
>>
>>16891358
That's what I'm thinking about doing. After I get done with flight lessons I'll have enough extra money to send her a stipend but I don't know how long I can keep it up.
>>
>>16891345
Don't move. But make a big contribution to her rent/mortgage each month, even if it pinches. You owe her that much.
>>
made a 100k last year? dafuck, send the woman who gave birth to you, protected and raised you some money, ESPECIALLY if you're being honest about your earnings.
>>
>made 100k last year
>can't send money to his aging mother
Ok, OP.
>>
>>16891345
Fuck her man you're making 100k a year just move on and forget about the old hag
>>
>>16891601
>>16891613
I'm considering this. Never said it wasn't an option. I'm just worried that I can keep it up. I'm likely to get laid off next you so I think paying her is just delaying her inevitably living with me.

>>16891616
Kek
>>
>>16891345
Post pics maybe she can be my qt I'll give her plenty of company and she can live with me
>>
File: 1456343626733.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1456343626733.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>16892163
Um no. I'll just dump this instead creep
>>
>>16892490
/adv/ is a worksafe board you dumb jew
>>
>>16891345
Is that you OP?
>>
>>16892490
I know you're an asshole, but this is supposed to be a work-safe board.

If your mom has enough money to buy another home she can rent a room or two out for extra income. If you don't want to live with her then don't. You're going to have to consider what's going to happen when she's too old or becomes incapable of taking care of herself though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.