[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
huh. Im soon to finish first year in history studys. Studying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: iphone 5 003.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
iphone 5 003.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
huh. Im soon to finish first year in history studys. Studying middle ages now, which i hate, but whatever, ill get past it no problem. Last days im starting to wonder what will i do with my useless fucking degree. Im 19 and will finish uni at age 22 and be a bartender or smth from then.

What will i do with it and what can i possibly do with this degree. I really love history and find it interesting, makes me think and understand world, but I don't wanna spend my life sitting in archive or museum. I want my job to be interesting.

How useless is history degree and how useless ill be to society with it?
>>
come on 4chan, motivate me or at least demotivate me. TELL ME THINGS!!
>>
>>16891123
My grandpa has had a history degree
>>
>>16891090
Come over to europe and do your PhD or next step in your studies here. After that find a job in your field, its probably not the best paying job but its better then bartender.
>>
>>16891090
You can drive a truck with a history degree.
>>
>>16891160
im in europe. What job?

>>16891148
What did he work for?
>>
>>16891179
He was unemployed for his youth, then got to work in the flipper industry. The factory he was senior at produced burger flippers, top notch quality.
>>
>>16891187
i see, thats cool!!
>>
>>16891190
He's also dead so I wouldn't recommend you following in his footsteps
>>
>>16891179
>>16891187
I should rephrase it.
Come to germany. I dont know many young academics that have no jobs that are at least somewhat paid good. Yes they exist, but if you can speak english and german at some point and have a very good degree you can actually find jobs. At museums, libaries, somewhere in archieves, the communes and state is looking for those people quite often.
Essentially if you dont suck at what you are doing, there is a high chance you will find a job in germany. I have no clue why this doesnt apply to the US:
>>
>>16891206
Very good = solid degree = you shouldnt suck
>>
>>16891090
Keep in touch with your teachers/professors, they can help you with finding a job or with a positive reference. You need to prove that you're worthy of being employed. Start taking extra classes, try to get in honour students program. Study a foreign language, you can work as a tourist guide ("practical history") or you can translate foreign literature for tourists, if you won't find a job that you want. You need to stand out from the crowd, gl anon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.