[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I quit my job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: two-standing-women.jpg (88 KB, 470x700) Image search: [Google]
two-standing-women.jpg
88 KB, 470x700
Hi, /adv/.

I'm a senior in college and have a part-time job working at a front desk of a non-profit arts center.

I just got an invitation to serve in the Peace Corps, leaving in July. I just sent in my stuff to get medically and legally cleared.

I work at my job for $9.75 an hour, usually 3 days a week. I've been there now for a couple of years, and it's not that bad -- but I really need the time to work on school. I can't work on homework there because somebody always comes up to talk to me or ask me questions about something. There's only like 5 of us on staff, so if something happens, they're the one I call. I rarely ever see my boss since I only really work on weekends, but whenever she is there, she is the most passive-aggressive and mean person I've ever met. I'm glad I don't have to deal with her that much, and generally like my co-workers.
I just generally waste my weekends, however, at this job sitting down and interacting with people I really don't care to interact with.

I have to write my senior thesis this semester, and I'm so fucking behind. I'm behind in all of my other classes, too. My professors know I'm juggling my job, their classes, volunteering and preparing to go to another country for 2 years. But I still feel really bad. I came into class today totally unprepared, and I feel like I'm just slacking off.

I've been thinking about just quitting my job so I can focus on getting this semester over with. I need to learn at least basic French before I leave to the country I'm going to serve in, and I need to brush up on agricultural skills.

I have money saved up and I am financially able to quit my job. I've listed out the pros and cons of quitting, and the only con of me quitting this job is if something happened where I couldn't serve in the Peace Corps.

Does anyone have any advice for this sort of situation? Or just better ways to manage my time or something?
>>
>>16889913
Quit your job anon I can't see a reason for you to stay there,finish your uni.
Also what the fuck is the peace corps?
>>
>>16890361

An organization for you to rape women in 3rd world countries
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.