[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Contacting Famous People
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Ebic.png (1 MB, 900x1286) Image search: [Google]
Ebic.png
1 MB, 900x1286
Hey, /adv/. I don't often come here with my problems, but I'm in a bit of a bind here. If you were in a position where you had to get in contact with a relatively famous person for the fulfillment of an assignment (a final project, at that), how would you go about doing it? It's required that I interview a successful director. I'm looking at a guy named Jonas Mekas. I haven't had any luck finding anything on the internet, phone number, email address, not a trace. Have you guys got any recommendations?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Twitter
>>
>>16887985
Thought about that too, didn't really entertain the idea though.

https://twitter.com/mekasjonas

Not looking too good for me, is it?
>>
>>16887996

Facebook, then. Or pick a different filmmaker. Hit up everyone you know and work the "six degrees of separation" angle.

Honestly, it sounds like half the point of the assignment is finding a way to contact these people, as that's a vital part of a real journalist's job. So figure it out. Improvise. Or fail.
>>
>>16888011
>half the point
It's the whole point, yeah, you get it. And I chose Jonas because he isn't incredibly famous. Just seems more plausible to me to be able to interview him rather than a Spike Lee or Martin Scorsese, you know? But I won't fail the class. If we fail to secure an interview, the research component of the assignment still needs to be fulfilled. In which case, we can fall back on existing interviews rather than conducting our own.
>>
>>16888041

how bigs the interview? i might be able to set up something with the director of the 'masters of the universe movie'. if not him would you consider the guy who made time lapse. could also talk to a guy that got some awards for some real weird power ranger parody but hes not anywhere close to big stuff
>>
>>16888081
I imagine there's some wiggle room here, but it's supposed to be a director who's known to the general public, a professional who's earning their living solely through directing.
>>
>>16888081
And I only mentioned Lee and Scorsese before because those were the examples we were given. A former student apparently landed an interview with Ridley Scott a number of years back and now works with him. I think the expectations are a touch unrealistic but it can be done.
>>
>>16888104

ah that makes things tough. the timelapse guy might be an easy bet. the masters of the universe movie only did one movie, then went on to do a lot of tv shows, and now does all sorts of weird stuff. i mean its a famous as fuck title, but hes not doing directing regularly.

the timelapse guy might pass as an up and comer. he responds to most everyone on twitter. worth checking with him at the very least.

i wish i could spring for someone bigger but i only very recently started going to their rick and morty parties so cant push it.
>>
>>16887982

Google FrameWorks mailing list, join it and ask there.
>>
>>16888132
Yeah, a little bit. Anyway, I'll try checking with King, thanks for the heads up and all the other information. Also, what goes on at Rick and Morty parties? This got me curious.

>>16888149
How'd you find this? I didn't have any luck turning up anything like this. Thanks a ton man. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>16888165

Knew about it from Fred Camper's website. Glad to be of help!
>>
>>16888165

bryan singer is a really big fan of rick and morty parties, so he invites a bunch of people over to watch it in marathons. i was only invited to one so far. hes known for being really drunk or high, but he was REALLY sober that night. hes also a big fan of bobs burgers and was happy when i told him it got another season (he was told it was cancelled)
>>
>>16888173
Man, you're awesome. Thanks again, it means a lot.

>>16888181
That's actually really funny. Good for you man, hope you get to go to another. Maybe then he'll be really drunk.
>>
>>16888199

ive been to his other parties where hes excessively drunk or high. hes pretty nice actually, even if he cant remember you, he'll pretend he does and treat you nice. i think he thinks im cute cuz he invited me to the private party inside.
>>
>>16888211
I imagine more deviant things than watching Rick and Morty happen in the private party.
>>
>>16888223

its actually not. i mean yeah he does some really deviant things on his own, but the private party is more for the inner circle. they just sit in an office, drink booze and walk outside once in awhile to say hi to the new arrivals.
>>
>>16888228
That's cool. What is it you do? Professionally, I mean. And you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. I'm just curious how you came to know a high profile director like that.
>>
>>16887982
can you find any sort of agency or production company or whatever that works / worked with them? Just shoot them a mail about how you want to interview Mekas for a school project blah blah you really admire his work etc, maybe they can forward it.
>>
>>16888236

currently i manage a business for a psychic. im actually at the office right now re designing his website and setting up his trips for the next couple of months.

but before that i did lots of random office work 'intern' type things to pad my resume, and i ended up working for Gary Goddard. i asked him to read a pilot i wrote once. he only read the first ten pages and said 'you write child rape very well, you sold work for me'. a week later he wrote me my first check and I re-wrote a movie he sold to fox in the 80s. wasnt as impressed with that as he was with my child rape screenplay unfortunately.

despite that, he still keeps me around, hes friends with bryan, and we just all hang out at parties (though these died down since those lawsuits) and the occasional dinner.
>>
>>16887982
There's an email on his site:
info[at]jonasmekasfilms[dot]com
>>
>>16888239
Thought of that too, he self-publishes most everything and the one company he has worked with, Canyon, probably aren't going to return my email. But here's to hoping.

>>16888239
That's hilarious and awesome. Really, good for you man.

>>16888271
Same deal as Canyon, haven't heard anything back in the last week.
>>
>>16888271

lol OP is terrible at this
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.