[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the opportunity to re-film a web series i did a few years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1456095275386.gif (89 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1456095275386.gif
89 KB, 350x233
I have the opportunity to re-film a web series i did a few years back that got deleted.

one thing i want to change is the main characters powers. In the original script he was an 'elemental' and could control fire, water, earth, and air.

i wish to change this because a second project im working on (starring the same actor) is about a guy who has fire powers. in this project, the fire powers are important and kind of the backbone of the entire story.

so in that first project, i would like to find a new super power for the main character to have. any ideas? im going through lists but none are coming out as particularly actiony. i do the whole thing with visual effects, so anything that can be achieved with glowy flash type things would be helpful. avoiding elements.

the other characters are telekinetic, and the others a shadow/ darkness type weilder.
>>
>>16878044
Perhaps electricity, like in the video game InFamous?
Or maybe sound, it would be cool for someone to shoot a sound shockwave at someone and temporarily deafen them or cause brain damage or shake the ground or something.
>>
>>16878072

im avoiding elemental stuff in general. in the second show the main characters control fire, ice, and electricity. but im starting to realize there arent as many super powers out there as i thought, especially for the kind of show im trying to make which is pretty reliant on flashy effects as opposed to creative ways to use the powers.

sound waves arent a bad idea. visually wouldnt be too interesting but i could add a little make believe and glow to it. going through lists of like '100 powers' and realizing most supwer powers are REALLY oddly specific.
>>
>>16878078
Hmm, I think you could create some really great visual mindfucks with a glass superpower, if that sounds good.
>>
>>16878086
Like, creating mirrors and distorting images and stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x400
>could control fire, water, earth, and air
>>
>>16878091

the avatar was hardly the first 'elemental'. i went with these powers originally just cuz they were generic enough for the main character to later expand into other things.

>>16878086
>>16878088

this is an interesting thought. id def have to go for different types of fight scenes, but its something worth writing down and thinking about. thank you.
>>
>>16878100
You're very welcome.
>>
>>16878107

i have a thread on /b/ going and seem to be leaning towards energy based powers thanks to some recommendations. i can just ignore fire but keep the same types of battles i had in mind going, different colored flashes.

considered gravity for a bit cuz i saw that could be used with some bluish effects, but seemed too close to telekinesis methinks.
>>
>>16878117
Yeah, gravity and telekinesis are similar, to an extent.
I have yet another idea, but it's kinda plebby. What about a hallucination superpower? Not really like LSD or shrooms, but similar to the scene with Scarecrow in Batman Begins where batman turns into a demon-thing. That's the best example I can think of.

This is also sort of plebby but maybe a sensory deprivation power? It'd be useful to blind or deafen enemies and the hero could use it to stop his sense of pain/feel.
>>
>>16878138
Sensory deprivation seems pretty impossible to visualize though, now that I think about it
>>
>>16878138

yeah, while the way im shooting up opens up a LOT of opportunities for what i can do, it also limits me on a lot of stuff. i unfortunately wrote the series once over with these certain powers in mind, so kinda gotta keep at it.

energy so far is a safe bet so i dont feel worried anymore, but i am open to more ideas if you happen to think em up. hallucination would be an EPIC super power and would actually tie in REALLLLLLY well with what happens towards the end, it would all sorta make sense.

but i think the bigger issue with that is the villains are mostly robots and possessed dolls

sensory deprivation is possible but it'd be hard to do any fun action with.
>>
>>16878167
I think I'm out of ideas for now, sorry. But I'm glad to be of any help for you. By the way, could you give the web series name? I'm interested in the story.
>>
>>16878184

sure. its called Night Runners. we had a facebook and a trailer up, but i took them all down because i lost 99% of the footage lately. it took 5 months of shooting and 2 years of editing just to get through three episodes, but im planning to start over anyway. i know a lot more about filming now so it will hopefully look a lot better. only preview i really have online wa sa dream sequence from the first episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icYCLoauG44

thankfully i can do much better now. trailer is unlisted now, but if you sub the channel thats where id post it i imagine.
>>
>>16878199
Just subscribed. I would definitely watch it, too. It seems like my kind of thing. And since you're better now, I really want to watch it. Good luck making it, no sarcasm. I'll definitely watch it when you upload a new video, anon.
>>
What if he can smell crime?
>>
>>16878199
My apologies, anon, but I have to go now. This has been a nice conversation. I'll keep my eye out for any more uploads on YouTube. Not to sound arrogant, but thank you, and you're welcome.
>>
>>16878217

thanks man. my last show did really well, but it was a fanshow so it kinda had some guarantee attached to it. this will be the first thing im releasing on my own. on top of being able to make it look better, i should be able to edit it a lot faster now that i dont have to spend weeks trying to find a style that doesnt make the edge look like complete shit.

thanks for all the help tonight man, feel very confident about it moving forward. good night dude.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.