[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everytime i see/hear mention of happy couples i get super bummed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1456551646257.png (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456551646257.png
84 KB, 500x500
Everytime i see/hear mention of happy couples i get super bummed out. What do i do?
>>
>>16877606
bumparooni
>>
>>16877666
Make a gf out of cardboard?
>>
>>16877679
i want a legit solution, im trying to be less of a fatty, but its gonna take time before i can be less fat. Do i just need to will my way through it?
>>
>>16877606
bump
>>
>>16877682
There are no legit solutions on this site. I'm not even joking. These people don't understand relationships. They barely understand sex as evidenced by the /d/ board where half the topics is sex broken into down into smaller pieces cause they can't put it together.
>>
>>16877606

make your life so enjoyable that the idea of having someone else to share your misery doesn't bum you out
>>
>>16877744
>16877744
>make life enjoyable
>share your misery
are you saying that couples are miserable? Im miserable alone.
>>
>>16877606
do you really want to be in a relationship?
>>
File: 1456594758938.gif (702 KB, 268x342) Image search: [Google]
1456594758938.gif
702 KB, 268x342
>>16877800
im 18, and the past years of my life have been mostly unrequited love. Also, i feel like i need to stick my weiner in a wet hole at least 5 different times on different people before i die (sex is a requirement in life) so yeah, do want a relationship.
>>
>>16877743
Not all of 4chan is /r9k/ or /b/. There is is a small minority of intelligent, self-aware people on this site who have insight on relationships and what it is like to have a healthy social life. I come here from time to time to share my perspective with people or just troll for critical/constructive answers. It's not that there is no real advice here, it's just that it takes a certain approach to get what you need.

>>16877606
Why is that? Do you have some sort of inferiority complex regarding women?
>>
>>16877813
i don't really know what it would mean to have an inferiority complex about women. I just feel bummed out other people have someone who cares about them whilst im here being alone.
I want to loose weight get kinda /fit/.
>>
>>16877770

no, im saying YOU are miserable. ergo, if you had a gf, you would just have someone to share your misery with. which means you're still just miserable. and what woman wants to be with a miserable person in a miserable relationsihp?

if you learn to live life enjoyably on your own, then it wont matter if you have a girlfriend or not, but you will be more likely to find one.

girls (or rather, people in general) dont want to date someone who is sad. they dont want to be the reason you arent sad. because all that does is place your entire life's burden on them. fun nice people want to meet fun nice people
>>
>>16877827
You pretty much just described an inferiority complex. If you feel like you should do something, then do it.
>>
>>16877809

>sex is a requirement in life
> at least 5 different times on different people before i die

This is not a healthy way to assess your own needs and desires in regards to a relationship. If true companionship is what you want, you will have to be patient till there's a girl in your life you want to get to know more. If you have a real connection, sex may follow.

If you just want to reach level 5 Coitus, you'll need to make yourself available, hit them girls up. You will get rejected, EVERY man will be but the point is to not get crestfallen and keep trying. You WILL strike gold eventually.
>>
>>16877854
but im only sad because im single, if i had a nice girl to spend time with and do stuff with i would be pretty happy. Being single is the only thing bumming me out.
>>16877865
i don't think i have an inferiority complex, i just dont like being alone alot. I doubt wanting a basic human thing is a real issue.
>>16877879
you were right about the number 5 thing, its dumb. I just thought it was a good number to shoot for.
A legit nice companion would be nice.
>>
>>16877926

no you wouldnt. you'd be distracted at best. but ur again forcing a woman to take on the burden of your sadness.

its dumb. go be happy alone.
>>
>>16877960
>lonley
>humans desire human interaction
>lack interaction
>nah anon your just sad for some reason
Can you tell me what is making me sad then? Any idea?
My feelings of loneliness are on and off, i guess. SOme days i don't care others im bothered as fuck.
>>
>>16877606
bump, going to bed soon
>>
>>16877967
Listen I understand what you're saying, but I also see the point >>16877960 is trying to make.

It is essential before you start to seek out a relationship with others that you are content with yourself as you are alone. This may seem paradoxical but there's three big reasons for this

1- You will be more confident when approaching women and having conversations with them.

2- You won't NEED a relationship. To need it will put you in the wrong state while you are out there looking. You will make things go too fast. Media pushes us to have sex and find love now or we're losers but it's really not true. Go at you're own pace and try to meet new interesting people before anything else. Let a good connection surprise you and let love grow at it's own pace.

3- You will be DEVASTATED when your relationship ends if you put to much weight in being with someone. Being happy with yourself is a way to protect yourself from feeling to low after breakups.
>>
>>16878067
Okay, but how do i live with being alone? Also, i understand the idea of being self dependent, but you still have your base human desires to reach companionship
Honestly, tonight it doesn't bother me much, but sometimes damn it hurts bad mane.
>>
>>16878077

That's a hard one to answer anon, the answer is different for everyone and a lot of people fail to realize it which is the first step to being happy. The hard truth is that nothing is guaranteed for any of us except death and taxes so right now you need to ask yourself: If I am Incel for the rest of my life, what would bring me happiness instead?

You need some other passion or drive in life to be your own person (it helps that women find shit like that sexy). When you feel complete as an individual is when you are ready to build a relationship with someone else.
>>
>>16877606
Shit, I get real happy when I see it cause I'm like at least some people are happy. It's a break in my consent thoughts of how unhappy I am without her.
>>
ITT: Just bee yourself ;)

Go die in a fire /adv/
>>
>>16878099
i do have passions, art is my passion.
And while i wouldn't call it a passion, weight lifting and getting strong is kinda fun :p
still lonely dough
>>16878641
pretty much this
nothing to that really helps me.
>>
>>16877813
Emphasis on small though, it's been getting worse recently.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.