[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I love my gf a hell of a lot. But in the last year shes gained
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: lrg_213128_1454039229.jpg (104 KB, 872x720) Image search: [Google]
lrg_213128_1454039229.jpg
104 KB, 872x720
So I love my gf a hell of a lot. But in the last year shes gained 70lbs. She's a crazy binge eater. Last night she came home with $25 worth of Little Cesar's. Yes. 5 pizzas. 8800 calories. She sat down and watched Cops for 2 hours, and they were gone. She gets super defensive when I try to stop her and she does it a lot. She hates her job and her family and can't make use of her degree. What would /adv/ do before her stomach bursts?

Pic related: a "before" picture from the last time she tried to lose weight.
>>
>>16872097
>$25 worth of Little Cesar's. Yes. 5 pizzas. 8800 calories.

thats pretty good price, no wonder you people go crazy with fast food
just tell her to get fit or you'll drop it
>>
>I love my gf a hell of a lot

then why are you watching her kill herself and pretending like it's no big deal?
>>
>>16872097
>What would /adv/ do before her stomach bursts?
You tell her how you feel, since she can't be defencive about that.

>Babe, I love you hell of a lot, but if you continue to develop into a landwale I might lose sexual interest and sooner or later I might satisfy it somewhere else.

You should also start to work on her real problems. Do you need to stay in contact with her family? Why does she hate them? Maybe she should get another job?
>>
>>16872097
Is this real?

Have a genuine sitdown and tell her she's killing her health and it's about as harmful as a drug addiction. Don't do it when she is just about to devour 5 pizza's, find a neutral moment. Of course keep a healthy diet together if the message settles.... if not, go look for a better girlfriend.
>>
>>16872097
The sad part is your gf is the type of person to make fun of people who smoke weed a lot
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 646x625) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 646x625
here OP, I've drawn a picture of you and your girlfriend in a marine setting
>>
>>16872121
I laughed, but it's a bit harsh. Harsh but funny as hell.
>>
You can keep worrying about hurting her feelings and her being mad at you, just realize that the cost of that is something like 4 times the necessary funds for food, huge medical bills in a couple decades, she'll die young enough to be considered young but with you old enough to not have another spouse, and of course the death of your personal reputation.

If you care about her, sit her down and tell her she has to do something about her health immediately or you'll leave her. This can't be an empty threat. She is damaging your life as well as her own and if she doesn't even care about you enough to try then why should you? You can help her with whatever it takes but you know you just want to have the girl that you fell in love with back. If you still care about her help her, but don't care for her if she doesn't for you or herself.
>>
>>16872097
That's literally the shittiest body
>>
Op are you sure she doesn't have a tumor? Get her to get that checked out. That kind of bloating is worrisome.
>>
That's an eating disorder, and it sounds severe enough that she might need professional intervention. She needs a therapist and a treadmill.
>>
>>16872097

please tell me that its picture of her pregnant, please... if not, was you some kind of wizard that decide to keep the first landwhale who crossed your way?
>>
I wonder how weight became such a touchy subject in the first place but that's another discussion. 70 lbs in a year, is that a guess or even she knows? If she knows she gained that much I'm not sure what you can do. I agree with the other anon, don't do it while she just got a meal. You can't force her to change but maybe try and do shit like exercise together, or cook better food.
>>
>>16872097

You're not really tapping that are you OP?
>>
>>16872308
This is true. I really haven't approached it at a neutral moment. I think because I don't want to break the peace we do get.

She's actually not in terrible health. Her blood pressure and cholesterol are somehow fine, her doctor just hounded her about her weight gain. Actually the thing I worry about most is her stomach itself. I read that you can eat so much your stomach's peristalsis stops and you cant digest food. Sometimes she eats more in one sitting than a lot of competitive eaters can. There was one day a few months ago I figured out she ate at least 19lbs of food in one sitting. Not counting the beer she was drinking too. And then shes just a zombie. She says it doesn't hurt and always says she could eat more. Idk. Spelling all this out makes it seem pretty fucking bad.
>>
This is nuts, 19lbs of food? That's a lot by any standard.
>>
>>16872356
This is literally like some sort of freakshow. It's disgusting and questionable, yet I can't stop reading. In fact I think in real life I would cheer her on when she eats, trying to get even more in this deformed belly.
>>
op, people who eat the way she does have an addiction which is usually caused by an outside source. The same way that mothers drink to forget that baby that they lost or the way that men smoke because their job is awful and stresses them out.
Does you girlfriend have a broken past? Any abuse as a child? Or maybe she has a very negetive body image so she binges and loses control after seeing what she's become?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first- AND MOST IMPORTANT step here is to address her mental wellbeing. You can't lose weight if you're not in the right mindset.

Tell her that you're worried about her mental and physical health and that, if she's willing, you'd love to accompany her to a therapy session to see if it helps with anything.

Once shw gets in the habit of going to therapy, she'll be ready for step #2- focusing on health.

Instead of trying to control how much she eats, try to have her make healthier choices. Instead of 5 pizzas- why not a bunch of fruit, a salad, and a sandwich?
It's still a lot of food, but it's less calories. Obviously if she's having a craving she can satisfy it- but that mean like if she's craving chocolate, she gets ONE little square to get the taste and move on. During step 2 it is crucial to get all the junk food out of the house, so you're gonna be eating healthier too OP.
Then, we have step 3- controlling portion sizes. If you've done steps 1 and 2 well, then step 3 will come naturally and easily.

Unless you want her to develop an eating disorder, don't pressure her to lose weight solely for looks. That could make her condition worse because if she thinks "anon thinks I'm ugly" she'll just eat MORE to soothe the pain that brings.
>>
>5 pizzas. 8800 calories.

>Tfw you were a fatty and thought eating one whole large pizza was bad.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>16872356
>There was one day a few months ago I figured out she ate at least 19lbs of food in one sitting. Not counting the beer she was drinking too
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
damn, this is my fetish

OP you lucky dog
>>
>>16872097
Do you actually fave sex with that fatty?
>>
>>16872421
I do not see how that is possible.
>>
>>16872421
[spoiler]same[/spoiler]
>>
>>16872097

lel.

gr8m8m8
>>
>>16872097
Leave her
>>
>>16872097
top fucking kek you fucked up big time op. you are investing on that fat cow when you could be investing on bigger and better things.
>>
>>16872111
Seriously
>>
>>16872356
>> seem pretty fucking bad.

>> seem bad

>>seem.

Nigga, it is bad.
>>
>>16872356
Brother, get yourself away. That is a demon wishin to mate.
>>
It sounds weird but I feel like there isn't a lot he can do, like with anything else such as someone with an alcohol problem.
>>
>>16872097

hahaha you put your dick in that? Like you're dick actually gets hard while that thing has no clothes on?
>>
>>16872957
I don't think there are many bigger things to invest in.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.