[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do guys keep trying to hit on me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1
Is there a way to get guys not to be interested in me? I don't wear make up, I should be coming off as a lesbian with my corn rows and baggy ass clothing yet I keep getting hit on and I keep finding guys who are interested in making out with me.
>>
>>16870510
How old are you?
>>
>>16870510
Improve yourself

Currently you are the lowest hanging fruit my friend
>>
>>16870515
27, i've been told I look like i'm 20 though by almost everyone.

>>16870517
What do you mean?
>>
>>16870510
Sorry, but tomboys are hot.
>>
>>16870577
Explain?
>>
>>16870588
Not much to explain. Girls who look tomboyish are always going to be smoking hot to a lot of men. Largely because many of us had a tomboy as a friend growing up. Especially if you are unaware of your curves and how large your breasts are. It's going to be utterly adorable when it isn't smoking hot.

If you want guys to stop hitting on you, just say so. Eventually word will get around that you aren't interested.
>>
>>16870510
for what other reason should people be interested in you?
>>
>>16870510
A lot of guys hit on me too and it just makes me very cynical and annoyed because I don't want to be viewed as an object.

I would go out of my way to look like total shit in public so people don't bother me.

But then I realized that by doing it, it likely just made me look even easier when people saw a disgustingly dressed female walking on the street (likely assumed I was a strawberry whore or something).

I have come to the conclusion that it is the way I carry myself. The way I walk or look at things/people when I am in public. I have honestly just learned to have a very unsocial demeanor. I don't mean tee hee I'm so shy and awkward and I'm just going to look down and blush my way through the crowd because fuccbois smell that from a mile away.

I have to look genuinely uninteresting and callous and force myself to have a resting bitch face.

In return, instead of being hit on, Weird men just occasionally tell me to smile more. But it is the lesser of two evils.
>>
>>16870637
Learn from this woman.
>>
>>16870646
Yea, it has to be a balance of total cunt and nonchalant.
>>
Well at least your class a drug is free
Stop moping about your greatest asset
Almost 30 but you still think like a teenage girl with a disproportionately inflated ego
>>
>>16870510

Unless you're literally being swarmed the moment you leave the house. This ought not to be a problem.
>>
The problem isn't that you aren't acting unattractive enough for them.

The problem is there is no way to act unattractive enough for ALL of them.
>>
>>16870637
>people are sexually attracted to me and would like to get to know me
>makes me feel like an object
Whatever. I don't care about women's feelings anymore you're all completely unreasonable with the standards you choose. There's no way for a man to attempt to date someone without stepping over those ideas.

Just tell them no and look mad when you're in public. So I know to avoid you.
>>
>>16870663
This
>>
>>16870510
Upload a picture of yourself so that I can give you advice on how to look like shit.
>>
>>16870724
This is a great idea!
>>
It's threads like these that have made men so shy and unconfident over the years. They don't even want to go and talk to a girl cause they're afraid some of them (like OP and everyone else who has posted) thinks they're too good to be talked to in public.

Now, I'm not saying that you don't have the right to reject people or not want to be approached, but damn the world doesn't need more entitled people.
>>
>>16870727
This was a joke lol. Most people have strong reservations about posting pictures of themselves on the internet.
>>
wait a couple years and men will look right through you.
>>
Break your own nose badly and don't get it set your problems should disappear almost immediately as everyone realised you won't be attractive again and the pain will only last 1-2 months if you do it right.
>>
put on some weight
>>
>>16870733
It's not that, I just am not interesting in sleeping with guys.
>>
>>16870791
So tell them no? Say you're a lesbian while you do so. Or asexual.
How much of a hassle can it be? How many times a day does it happen?
>>
>>16870710
There is a time and a place for people wanting to get to know me. When I'm busy on my way to work, to school, going grocery shopping, at the bank, etc. I don't want to be bothered with the same lines I've heard from multiple other men. I'm not interested because I'm in an LTR. This mindset has come from men just not stopping. From men still following me around after I say I'm not interested. From men not believing me when I say I have a boyfriend. From men saying they won't stop until they at least get my number and I have to sigh and give them a fake one.

It's fucking annoying. Y'all are fucking annoying if someone looks busy and is going about their day and you have to come up and start saying that you eventually want to fuck me. My minds not on that shit when I'm buying groceries. Or when some rando approaches me while I'm taking out money from the bank.
>>
>>16870809
Fair enough. Don't know what kind of guy would attempt in a grocery store.
Also how forward are they? Are they striking up conversation and them reveal their interests or what? I can see how that's just annoying.
>>
>>16870837
Look, guys in my area will just instantly say things like "hey girl, hey girl hey girl, you got a nice ass. What's your number?" Then nicer guys, yea they're nicer about it, and say "Oh you look interesting, we should talk more." To which I say, "Sorry I'm taken or not interested." But then they don't let it go. I will walk away and they follow asking for my number or facebook. I say no, I have a boyfriend. They say "No it's not like that, let's just be friends." Then I have to say no again. A guy followed me through an entire parking lot. Another guy followed me all the way into a restaurant.

A guy once tried to spit some shit at me and wouldn't leave me alone. I tell him to fuck off eventually when I got tired of it. Dude, sits across from me some distance away and glares at me. Prolonged eye contact. All I can think is this dude is going to stalk and rape me because that is creepy as hell.

A friend of mine and I were chilling once at an arcade and took pictures. We got out and waited for them to print, the dude snatched them from our hands and held them hostage while trying to get our numbers.

It's the most annoying shit. A majority of men are like that when they approach me in public, to save myself, I just assume they are all like that. I get that some men doing this are genuine, but I'm just not interested and there is no other way to go about it.
>>
>>16870791
Then don't
>>
>>16870857
Most of that stuff sounds borderline illegal. Yeah that sounds terrible. I get why you want to get rid of that attention.
>>
>>16870857
R these men black
>>
>>16870857

Take self defense classes. Carry pepper spray. Be more assertive. Go places with friends.
>>
>>16870914
Already have done all that. My dad and boyfriend taught me what to do and my boyfriend bought me pepper spray. I never wear uncomfortable shoes in case I have to run. Thankfully never had to use any of it because I act like a cunt in public now. That has been my greatest defense and why I swear by it. My boyfriend honestly just told me to be a cunt and loudly embarrass people because he said that if he or his friends were hitting on a female, that was one sure way to make him leave and never approach again.

>>16870912
Honestly, only one black man approached me and was one of the "nicer" ones. Most are white or hispanic because that is what most of my neighborhood is.
>>
>>16870524
Men go after low-hanging fruit in hopes of a one-night stand, a fix, if you will. Low-hanging fruit = people with low self-esteem. People with low-self esteem usually do not maintain nor improve themselves.
>>
>>16870510
Don't react, continue with your life.
>>
>>16870610
Tomboys make me rock hard, can confirm.
>>
>>16870857

You sound like a keeper, i'm genuine jealous of your boyfriend, how much time you and your bf have been together? good luck in life op.
>>
>>16872379
Thank you and I try really hard to be good to my boyfriend. I even tell strangers after I tell them I have a boyfriend and they don't listen, "If I was in a relationship with you, and some fuck came up to me trying to do what you're doing, wouldn't you want me to do the same thing?" That usually shuts them up good.

I'm loyal as fuck and my boyfriend is the same way with females. He has no issues telling some thirsty girl to fuck off.

We've been together for almost 6 years and my boyfriend knows he has a good relationship with me.
>>
>>16872405

>jealousy intensifies

good to hear, people like you make me believe in human race again, hope everything work out for you.
>>
>>16870510
>/adv/ please tell me i'm pretty
>also i'm a grill btw :)
>>
>>16872418
>>>/b/
>>
>>16872418

she didn't even posted a pic of herself, are you dumb or just bitter?
>>
>>16872405

sounds to me like you're already employing the best strategy available to you.

you're just in an area where the particular demographic of men is behaving like that

i assure you, you transport yourself 50 miles in any direction, you'll get a completely different response, different class system of men, different accent even sometimes. Not that it would be any better but it would not be the same breed.

the only thing i would say is, be ready with your embarrassment bomb for those fucks who are obviously not taking a hint, but don't be so itchy on your trigger finger to dismiss all men like that.

because eventually if you just carpet bomb all guys who approach you, you'll start developing a place in your mind where its okay to just bomb on someone -because- they're a guy.

from that point, is a short trip until you do the same thing to your BF, your Father, and any other positive male in your life too.
>>
Your explanation of your physical appearance actually made me dry heave. Couldn't tell you OP
>>
>>16872477
No, yea, I'm not just insta-cunt to everyone. I always start off with ignoring or saying that I'm not interested and don't bring out the cunt unless they start harassing me. But if a guy comes up to me in a completely disrespectful way, then I do instantly be a jerk back.

I have never viewed my dad or my boyfriend as that. My dad and bf are well aware of these fuckboys on the street and always wanted to make sure I know how to protect myself.

These guys on the street, most of them are a certain kind of man. I very much know the difference just by the tone they use with me and the way they look at me.
>>
>>16872513

>I have never viewed my dad or my boyfriend as that

but you understand the danger. once you devalue someone like that you can devalue anyone.

so yeah, sucks that you draw unwanted attention. Chalk it up to age, location, whatever, and deal with it until you can change something.

don't be so sure you're rather be left alone. look at the rest of the threads around here of people who simply disappear beneath notice. they arent any happier.
>>
>>16872513
Where are you from? This sounds like a dangerous third world country.
>>
>>16872477
>because eventually if you just carpet bomb all guys who approach you, you'll start developing a place in your mind where its okay to just bomb on someone -because- they're a guy.

That's a pretty big assumption. I think the end result would be automatically "carpet bombing" strangers who approach you in public, not just anyone who is a guy.
>>
i cant wait until sex robots are a thing. having to deal with mental gymnastics with that other gender just isnt worth it
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.