[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys who have gone through foreskin restoration: is it worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
Guys who have gone through foreskin restoration: is it worth it?
>>
Never heard of this but penis surgery doesn't seem worth it. Kind of the same thing I think of with LASIK, what if something goes wrong?
>>
>>16866148
I don't get it. Foreskin restoration. Like restoring the penis to a pre-circumcised condition ?

I don't know why anyone would want to do that because the research indicates that circumcision is beneficial. For starters it is less likely to have cancer around that site. Also, keeping the penis clean is much easier. I an not a doctor but that's what I recall reading.
>>
>>16867407
foreskin restoration is retarded, that's what gooks and jews push to shill you.

Research is split about circumcision/non circumcision, actually.
>For starters it is less likely to have cancer around that site.
That applies to anywhere that's cut off, lol
If you cut off your breasts, you probably won't get breast cancer.

Friends with many doctors, as I do research and work in a hospital, but I'm sure all would agree restoration is retarded and just a sham to get money.

cicumcision isn't inherently good or bad, and neither is deciding not to. Both have pros and cons, and depending on where you live, there might be more pros than cons to either.
>>
>>16867407
>Also, keeping the penis clean is much easier.
You should be showering daily. If you can't keep your dick clean you have horrible hygiene. Nor does it have any bearing on cancer.

The only reasonable case for circumcision is in extreme cases of phimosis.
>>
>>16867422
am this guy>>16867421

>The only reasonable case for circumcision is in extreme cases of phimosis.
Only reasonable case for circumcision after infanthood. Circumcision is honestly up to the parents, some might say, but from my point of view it's retarded. Not trying to push either sides, though.
>>
File: 1439931766996.png (526 KB, 1000x1570) Image search: [Google]
1439931766996.png
526 KB, 1000x1570
>>16867428
>Circumcision is honestly up to the parents, some might say, but from my point of view it's retarded
Which is stupid, because it's his body. Unless there are immediate health risks (and I sure as hell can't think of any) it should be his decision. You may as well argue the parent should be able to given him scarification if we were to go that route.

Then again some people think it's religious persecution to tell rabbis to stop sucking baby dick.
>>
>>16867422
>Nor does it have any bearing on cancer

That is not what the medical research is showing.
>>
>>16867439
Correlation at best, generally dependent on Israel which is a relatively youthful nation for obvious reasons.

At the same time, does that mean we should argue in favor of female circumcision? It would save more lives per snip.
>>
>>16867428
>Circumcision is honestly up to the parents, some might say, but from my point of view it's retarded.

As a parent, I read the research literature carefully and made the decision for my son to have it done. Better shortly after birth for future health. Circumcision in adulthood would make for a more painful experience and it's also easy to put something like that off. Yeah, I'd put it off too if had to make that decision for myself as an adult.

Scoff all you want but I read the literature and I think it was a good decision for a short period of childhood pain that is long forgotten in adulthood.
>>
>>16867438
>from my point of view it's retarded
That isn't stupid, I don't get why you called me stupid when we both have the same opinion.

>circumcision is honestly up to the parents
As in the kid won't have a choice about it, regardless if you think it's good or not. While I think cutting off the foreskin is bad, it's up to the parents and I can't force them NOT to get their son circumcised.

>>16867452
As someone who's been in the human health community and child development community, in parts of the world that support it, as well as parts of the world that's against it, I can tell you that it's retarded.

I don't scoff at you for your opinion, but if you take a look at all the biased and unbiased research (make sure you get journals outside of Israeli or American influence), you should realize it's retarded. I just pity your child that he couldn't have made the decision himself. And shame on you for scoffing at others just because you've arrived at a conclusion and think everyone else is wrong.
>>
unless your circumcision was botched to the point where sex/masturbation is painful, i wouldn't risk dick surgery. there's always that chance that you'll get fucked up worse than you were before
>>16866417
LASIK is pretty safe, but i agree with the dick surgery
>>
>>16867449
>At the same time, does that mean we should argue in favor of female circumcision? It would save more lives per snip.

It is not the same thing. Not even close. Female "circumcision" is a misnomer. The word literally means "circular cut", as around the penis.

Female "circumcision" is actually more appropriately known as female genital mutilation. It has no medical benefit. It is done in certain societies for various reasons but typically cuts off the areas that provide a positive sexual sensation. Though it can involve the labia, often it includes the clitoris. That is, the female equivalent of the penis.

There is nothing related between male circumcision and female genital mutilation.
>>
>>16867439
Honestly, all the arguments about the health benefits or circumcision or the lack thereof are just muddying the waters. The question is, is it OK for parents to perform major surgery on an infant's genitals for largely cosmetic and cultural reasons, the health benefits of which are minor at best?

The majority of men in Latin America, the UK, Europe, and Asia (excepting the Arab world) are not circumcised, and by and large, they are fine. Absolutely fine. They're not dying en masse of cancer. Further, the health benefits of circumcision, for whatever reason, are actually substantially greater when the procedure is performed as an adult -- which has the added bonus of being necessarily consensual.

Given this -- that the benefits don't disappear and in fact are enhanced when the procedure is performed past the age of consent; that the benefits of the procedure are not starkly apparent (unlike, say, with vaccination); and that the side effects (the specifics of which we don't need to argue about; the "side effects" are that you're missing part of your body) are much greater than, say, the side effects of vaccination, is this an acceptable thing to do to infants?

I'll give you a hint: the answer starts with N in most European languages.
>>
>>16867466
>There is nothing related between male circumcision and female genital mutilation.

You're cutting parts of their body off in their pubic triangle, and the owner of the part that's getting cut off generally doesn't have a say in the matter.

I won't argue whether it's mutilation or not, but if you think the two are unrelated, I honestly suggest you do some more research from science publications. Not from magazines or news articals or opinion pieces. From science journals, from hospital or research groups, things that are peer reviewed.
>>
File: 1434256453664.gif (611 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
1434256453664.gif
611 KB, 500x210
>>16866148

Circumcision reduces the chances of catching and transmitting certain STD's.

Honestly, this debate is stupid. If you have a circumcised dick, great. If you aren't, great. No one I know or have ever met is bitter or unhappy about the fact that they either are or aren't circumsized.

I think most of this argument is based around social stigmas and this new wave of feminism and doesn't actually look at the fact that most men don't really give a shit.

I'm circumsized and guess what? I remember nothing about the procedure and I'm not really bummed out about the fact that my parents didn't give their small child a choice in it. My dick is my dick, who gives a shit.

Either way, get circumcised, get uncircumcised, who cares, have a ball, there are pros and cons on both sides.
>>
>>16867459
>As someone who's been in the human health community and child development community, in parts of the world that support it, as well as parts of the world that's against it, I can tell you that it's retarded.

I find it a bit odd that someone in the "human health community and child development community" actually used the word retarded for an informed medical decision. Tell me about your medical qualifications.
>>
>>16867486
Thanks, Anon, for a calming post.
>>
>>16867459
>That isn't stupid, I don't get why you called me stupid when we both have the same opinion.
I quoted your whole post to indicate we were on the same page. I was speaking in a more general sense.

>>16867466
>It has no medical benefit.
It removes the tissue that spreads HPV cancer from oral sex. I mean if we're going to try to save as many lives possible, where do we draw the line?

>There is nothing related between male circumcision and female genital mutilation.
They both cut off chunks of your genital. It's pretty clear cut. The only difference is you've drawn a line on how much snippy snip is acceptable.
>>
>>16867513
>It's pretty clear cut.
Pun ?
>>
>>16867519
Unintentional but I'll run with it
>>
>>16867487
How I speak (or in this case, type) on 4chins is different from how I'd speak irl. I don't blame you for finding it odd lol

I really can't prove to you my qualifications and my claims mean shit, but here:

B.S. , did double major in psychology and human bio
Then did a B.A. in anthropology on the other side of the world due to having to care for my grandma for a few years.
Doing my second year in M.S. in child development
Been helping do research with child development with my supervisor at two hospitals for 2 years now, currently just working with some researchers, and TA in psychology

I happened to get passionate about infant development because my brother decided to have a kid a year ago. Ran into the problem of circumcision because the hospital close to the one I work at had lots of jews, whereas the one that I work at doesn't, and after hearing about lots of my friends (who are mostly either nurses, doing their Masters like me, or are PhD candidates) discuss it, I decided to look into it.

>>16867513
Gotcha, I took it the wrong way then, lol
>>
>>16867513
>>It has no medical benefit.
>It removes the tissue that spreads HPV cancer from oral sex. I mean if we're going to try to save as many lives possible, where do we draw the line?
I'd like some citations for articles from peer-reviewed journals on the positive outcomes of preventing the spread of HPV through female genital mutilation. Got any at hand ? Please, no more speaking though your ass (that's a medical term) how about some citations. Talking with your buddies during happy hour swapping stories doesn't count. Let's see the citations.
>>
>>16867532
this

>>16867532
though it's possible that the anon was being sarcastic?
>>
>>16867522
>I really can't prove to you my qualifications and my claims mean shit, but here:
>B.S. , did double major in psychology and human bio
>Then did a B.A. in anthropology on the other side of the world due to having to care for my grandma for a few years.
>Doing my second year in M.S. in child development
>Been helping do research with child development with my supervisor at two hospitals for 2 years now, currently just working with some researchers, and TA in psychology

In other words, you have no qualifications to speak with any authority on the subject. Certainly you're entitled to your opinion. BUT

>I happened to get passionate about infant development because my brother decided to have a kid a year ago. Ran into the problem of circumcision because the hospital close to the one I work at had lots of jews, whereas the one that I work at doesn't, and after hearing about lots of my friends (who are mostly either nurses, doing their Masters like me, or are PhD candidates) discuss it, I decided to look into it.

So, your opinion is based on a particular prejudice ?

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I made an informed decision for my family that was not based on any religious or cultural reason. We seem to have come to different opinions on the literature. Even pediatricians differ.

Let's let it go at that.
>>
>>16867540
>In other words, you have no qualifications to speak with any authority on the subject.
No authority whatsoever, and perhaps I acted like I did, but I still stand that I'm not stupid to think that it is retarded. Do you have any qualifications or authority on the subject?
Not saying you're stupid to disagree or anything. And thanks for not turning this into an argument.

>your opinion is based on a particular prejudice

I wouldn't say prejudice. I admit I'm prejudiced against some jews, and some hospitals, but the divide and discussion at hospitals sparked my interest. Being prejudiced against some jews aside, I don't think my opinion is as prejudiced as you make it out to be.

>I made an informed decision for my family that was not based on any religious or cultural reason

While I don't doubt that, I still think that the literature you've read is impacted by cultural, social, or religious bias.

But sure, we can let it go, as I can see that you're not one of those people who are insanely adamant about this, and you're pretty level headed.
>>
>>16867540
She's certainly in the "health & child development community", which is what you asked her to substantiate. She never claimed to have medical training.
>>
>>16867562
I'm a guy btw

While this anon >>16867553 does point out that I've no authority, I'm pretty sure I can ask back (which I did) the exact same question.

I just wanted to emphasize that my opinion is probably more informed with all around less biased sources, than anon's information

Thanks for pointing that out, though. Not good at expressing myself enough to say that lol
>>
>>16867569
shit I pointed out my own reply

>While this anon >>16867553 (You) does point out that I've no authority,

I meant this anon>>16867540 lmao
>>
>Americans defend male genital mutilation because its too much effort to shower

Can't make this shit up
>>
>>16867579
That's not why Americans defend it. That's the argument they use to defend it; the real reason they do so is that they've been doing it for a long time now and there's a lot of cultural inertia behind it.

Its original purpose (in America) was to make it more difficult for boys to masturbate.
>>
>>16867581
>Its original purpose (in America) was to make it more difficult for boys to masturbate.

I can tell you it hasn't been a deterrent for me at all !
>>
>>16867581

That's very true, though still equally stupid and frankly unethical.
>>
>>16867594
Yes, but if they hadnt cut your skin, shit would feel a lot better
>>
>>16867619
I dont buy it
>>
>>16867619
Me either.

Making it more difficult to masturbate? It is so much fucking easier cleaning up without foreskin it's not funny.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.