[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been having sleeping problems lately. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1456454729547.jpg (315 KB, 828x1198) Image search: [Google]
1456454729547.jpg
315 KB, 828x1198
So I've been having sleeping problems lately.

I've cleaned up my act, though, and I sleep somewhat well most nights (waking up and going to bed at the same time, using bed only for sleeping, low-stimulus activities at night, etc).

HOWEVER, there's one thing that still fucks me no matter how well entrained my circadian rhythm is.

EVERY TIME I DO CARDIO I GET LIKE NO SLEEP THAT NIGHT.

Why? Because of my fucking restless legs, man. Specifically my right foot is twitchy, feels uncomfortable/squirmy, and automatically jolts me awake every time I'm about to drift off to sleep.

If you're wondering, for cardio I do 30 minutes of biking. I bike like 10 miles and burn around 400 calories-pretty standard ass shit.

But what the fuck? I ran and played sports all the god damn time in highschool and in college and never encountered anything even resembling this problem (in fact I slept like a fuckin' baby after running and stuff), and I come back to working out and my legs are giving me the middle finger? What to do??
>>
Make sure you're eating enough magnesium. Shit can cause your muscles to spasm if you're low. Exercise burns through it pretty good.
>>
>>16864756
Spinach, dark chocolate, and 200mg of Magnesium before bed.

Should I just crank up my dark chocolate consumption? I should probably throw in some chicken, too.
>>
File: 1438706690251.gif (2 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1438706690251.gif
2 MB, 540x540
>>16864701
I get the same thing as you and I fixed it by doing more cardio.
I work my body but don't work it enough to kill it. It only pumps me up and makes me what to do more.

But with your legs it might just be restless legs syndrome. Its a spectrum and its very possible for you to be on the lower end.
This said it only occurs when you do cardio which is root of the problem here.

Do as >>16864756 said and also watch out for iron and zinc, if it gets bad you can get subscribed drugs to treat it.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.