[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
older boyfriend and younger girlfriend thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1433551610139.jpg (159 KB, 648x521) Image search: [Google]
1433551610139.jpg
159 KB, 648x521
Question for girls dating older guys; what's with the whole wanting to show you things they believe you don't know about? It seems a bit prevalent in my relationship. I'm 22 and he's 28. I'm trying to put this in the best terms possible..like, for example, he's obsessed with getting me to watch Back to the Future with him. It was an alright movie, but I'm not from the 80s so the references and jokes don't really do it for me. He has the second one on now and I really have zero interest in it. I can understand being 50/50 on trying to take interest in what your SO likes even if it's something you don't care for but I don't understand why it's such a big deal for him.
It's as if he thinks I'll be all about it after seeing it once. Does anyanon have an idea of what I mean? Pls halp.
>>
>>16863269
>back to the future

ummm...he's also not from the 80s.
>>
he has interests he wants to share with you

crazy I know

you don't have to love it, just indulge him and watch the movie.

Also this is generally the problem with big age gaps. You can't relate to each other at all
>>
>>16863269
Hey, I'm a divorced M and I plan to ask a mid-20s F to move in with me.

Any tips for me ? Beside vitamin V.
>>
>>16863309
Well, you clearly didn't learn anything from the first failed marriage, so might as well jump right in again.
>>
>>16863309
you will grow to hate each other once the fucking loses its luster.

You are in two completely different stages in your life. She's still discovering herself, figuring out what she wants to do, and isn't looking to settle down. Last thing she is going to want is some dude with a bunch of baggage that's trying to settle down and make something stable

Once you get past that tight young body you're going to realize she's very immature, potentially dumb as a rock, and incapable of making adult conversation. You're also going to tire of going out so she can get plastered and vomit on herself while crying that her dad didn't love her and she lost her virginity at age 12.

The sex will be great though, enjoy it.
>>
>>16863295
This is why I tried to word it better. I mean. It's like he takes solace in knowing I don't know something and feels the need to inform me all about it but the information is hyped up so much that my interest wanes.
Like if someone kept saying fucking AMAZING mangos are, they go on and on about their nutrients and benefits and when you go to finally eat one it's like, huh..okay this alright.
>>
>>16863316
>Well, you clearly didn't learn anything from the first failed marriage, so might as well jump right in again.

Who said anything about getting married again ? That's something learned from the previous marriage.
>>
>>16863323
>you will grow to hate each other once the fucking loses its luster.
So we move on.

>You are in two completely different stages in your life. She's still discovering herself, figuring out what she wants to do, and isn't looking to settle down. Last thing she is going to want is some dude with a bunch of baggage that's trying to settle down and make something stable
I"m the stable one. Unless wanting affection is considered unstable. And wanting company while experiencing life. True, after she finishes her degree, we can part amiably. Or before.

>Once you get past that tight young body you're going to realize she's very immature, potentially dumb as a rock, and incapable of making adult conversation. You're also going to tire of going out so she can get plastered and vomit on herself while crying that her dad didn't love her and she lost her virginity at age 12.
I'm the one who wants to experience live music, great film, travel. The rocking chair is years off.

>The sex will be great though, enjoy it.
Did I mention she could pass for a swimsuit model ?
>>
>>16863434
>Who said anything about getting married again ? That's something learned from the previous marriage.
So getting married and a divorce only taught you to be a cynic about marriage? I'm of the opinion that what you learned in your first marriage should serve to improve the next one because, let's face it, no matter how cynical you outlook on marriage is, if you fall in love with someone hard enough you'll eventually want to tie the knot
>>
>>16863269
well then date someone your own goddam age

women logic i swear
>>
Sounds to me like this is more of a lack of you taking interest in his hobbies and interests than a generation gap thing, to be honest. People can have different interests and get along and date just fine, I feel like this is more about you than anything.
>>
>>16863549
>>Who said anything about getting married again ? That's something learned from the previous marriage.
>So getting married and a divorce only taught you to be a cynic about marriage? I'm of the opinion that what you learned in your first marriage should serve to improve the next one because, let's face it, no matter how cynical you outlook on marriage is, if you fall in love with someone hard enough you'll eventually want to tie the knot

I admit you could be right Anon. I won't discard the possibility. But I'll need some time to heal. Hopefully with someone willing to give me some hugs and kisses.
>>
>>16863269
sorry, but pic sauce pls?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.