[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one become more confident & less insecure? I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 299x169
How does one become more confident & less insecure? I mean in general, not just for romance.
>>
>>16863107
Bump
>>
Write down stuff you like about yourself in a journal. Also write down insecurities and retorts to these insecurities. (ex. I fear that I am dumb but I have a 3.5 gpa) You'll feel like a tool but it does help in the long run if you do it daily or at least once a week.

Learn to catch yourself when you are thinking negatively about yourself. Consider if your thoughts are realistic or rooted in insecurity. This takes practice and is definitely really difficult.

Supportive people in your life who you can speak to who will retort your insecure thoughts also really helps.
>>
>>16863107
Find internal strength by accomplishing tasks or feats that take time, dedication, devotion, hard work. This shows to yourself that you are capable of accomplishment. ex. marathons, mastering something, finishing a degree, getting promoted etc

Don't sell yourself short ever. Be your own greatest advocate.
>>
>>16863107

A lot of painful heart wrenching, agonizing, terrifying, grueling, exhausting experiences where you seem to pull through it beat up and bruised.

Every time you heal you get a little bit stronger. Your soul is a muscle like any other. You have to work it to its limits and stress it, cause some damage to it and when it heals it gets bigger and stronger.

Over time, the shit that used to scare you are nothing. Women? Nothing. Being rejected? You ain't worth my time anyway. Job interview? Meh, I did my best.

Gain XP and you will level up, but that involves conflict and pain.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.