[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm most likely going to move to a university dorm next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: 1445433930880.png (112 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
1445433930880.png
112 KB, 297x282
So I'm most likely going to move to a university dorm next year - the kind where everyone on the floor has their own separate room, but shares a kitchen.
While there, I want to leave a good impression about myself and not be an outcast. How can I do that, if I have diagnosed autism?
What I was thinking of was organizing cooking events and such (where I would do almost everything) and cook delicious quality food like pizza, cakes, and shit with others.

Is this a retarded idea? What could I do to compensate for my lack of social skills?
>>
>>16862726
socialization won't have to be forced when you're in a living situation like that. odds are you're going to interact plenty. get acquainted with your dormmates and don't do anything to be a dick and you should be fine.
>>
in my mind it seems like you could just be chill and make a ton of good food for yourself, but if people want some give them some

it's casual, it makes people like you, and it doesn't interfere with comfort zones
>>
You just gotta do you, Anon. I'm a freshman in college this year. Honestly I'm not a very social person, at least I wasn't until college. In high school, I had a few friends. Come senior year I started dating this girl from another school and I basically only hung out with her and a select few others. By the time college rolled around I hardly had any close friends. Some of my coworkers that I was friends with for a few years ended up going to the same college that I did. So i hung out with them since I was no longer with my GF. Through them, I met their roommates, and now we are a solid solid group of friends. We hang out almost daily. I have met a lot of other people that I also hang out with on occasion too. We'll go to punk shows and stuff since my main group of friends isn't really into that. I also have a new gf now who I hang out with all the time. She practically lives in my dorm with my roommate and I (who is gay and doesn't mind). While I mainly hang out with my gf, I still make time for my other friends.

Honestly though, before college I never thought that I'd ever be this social. But that's kind of what going to college is about (besides furthering your education). It allows you to open yourself up to meeting tons of new people. And I guarantee that you'll find some friends despite your social issues. Just be yourself, be nice, and push yourself a bit to socialize with people.

Don't worry Anon, you'll do great.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.