[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Changing hobbies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: 0gyjHoM.png (743 KB, 749x960) Image search: [Google]
0gyjHoM.png
743 KB, 749x960
Girls hate what I and most of the guys here enjoy the most. Video games, scifi movies, cars, guns , weed , whatever there interests into these hobbies are minimal or they outright hate them.
What are some fun girl friendly hobbies to pick up?
>>
Well, that is certainly one way to generalize the other sex.

For your information, I very much so enjoy video games, science fiction movies and some firearms can even seem cool.

But, since you're good with generalization, why not look for a Barbie group in your neighborhood? Or what about Cosplay, like your picture. Only women likes to cosplay, duh!
>>
File: 1456337698497.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1456337698497.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>girls hate what I and most of the guys here enjoy
>degenerate interests like weed and guns

Enjoy dying alone, kissless virgin.
>>
I have a gf...
>>
>>16861380
By "there interests into these hobbies are minimal" do you mean "their lives don't completely revolve around the things I'm interested in"? That seems to go around a lot in the circles of people accusing others of being "fake geeks".
>>
>>16861380
reasonable amount of girls play board games, the board game cafe near me is like 60-40 male female which is pretty good for a hobby thats actually interesting and fun

other than that, try athletic shit or anything to do with dance
>>
I'm a girl and I bet I love guns more than you.

Fuck off.
>>
>>16861408
No, id just like to play for maybe 4 hours a week and not be called an autistic child. I still haven't even seen the new star wars movie my gf hates scifi so much.
>>
>>16861416
Lololool fucking lol ty for the lols. Timestamp for proof.
>>
>>16861388
You're fun, where can I find girls like you?
>>
>>16861417
Do you need your girlfriend's approval to do things?
My boyfriend loves tennis, I find it boring as fuck, he plays tennis with his best friend and watches it on tv alone. I love sci-fi and comics, my boyfriend hates them, I go to the cinema with my friends and read comics anyway.
>>
>>16861440
No where or taken or 400lbs. That's why i made this thread. Girls like that exist but are rare as unicorns.
>>
>>16861444
What do you do together?
>>
>>16861444
She has few friends and few if any hobbies. She gets a lot of anxiety if im not with her all the time.
>>
>>16861426
>>16861426
And that's why girls don't like you.

I'm not allowed to have a hobby cause some loser like you thinks it's masculine.

Kill yourself
>>
File: FB_IMG_1451728694644.jpg (22 KB, 375x750) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451728694644.jpg
22 KB, 375x750
>>16861380
Try being a heartless complaining bottom feeding biche for a hobby, I am shur you will connect with lot's of women.
>>
girls want your hobbie to be a job, and giving money to them.
>>
>>16861456
We talk a lot about politics/history/economy/movies/art/bullshit, cook and drink, watch tv shows, watch sports on tv, do puzzles, play videogames and table games when we are at home. When we go out, we go to the cinema to see other movies, go to art galleries, go out for dinner, see cities in our area. We also both like hiking, swimming, travelling. And we spend a ton of time with our friends.

>>16861458
She needs some sort of psychological support if she can't spend some time on her own. You're not her babysitter.
>>
>>16861476
Hey a real post! Ty.
>>
>Changing what I enjoy so I can please other people

LMAO
>>
>>16861517
Well it's that or suicide. Really, i don't have much to live for anymore and not being able to try to entertain myself even a little makes my life seem totally pointless.
>>
>>16861445
That attitude sure doesn't seem like a "unicorn" to me. More than likely a bitch irl
>>
>>16861526

Are you one of those people who joins clubs "just to meet girls"?
>>
>>16861536
Never been a part of any club or organization.
>>
>>16861397
>>degenerate interests like weed and guns
I thought the /pol/ meme of degeneracy didn't apply to guns.
Jeez you guys need some internal consistency.
>>
>>16861565

In that case, you can get into Cosmetology. Girls love cosmetology, like doing hair, nails, and hand massages.

In high school I took cosmetology and I had a chance to work with a class for a girls. needless to say, I gained a lot of experience talking with girls then. I still did all my 'manly' hobbies at home, at my comfort and enjoyment, while I also learned how to do hair, wash hair, massage feet and hands and apply basic hair care. It was a great experience you should look into it if you're looking for a hobby that is "girl-friendly".
>>
>>16861591
Funny you bring that up. Been cutting and dying hair for a little bit now and am not terrible at it now.
>>
>>16861598
Honestly, bring that up next time you're in a conversation with a lady friend. They will mostly take you up on it because its a curiosity and a unique thing to have for a guy.

They love talking about their hair and getting it felt up and washed.
>>
>>16861380
I am a girl who is interested in all of your hobbies. Don't change yourself for anyone OP. Just gotta wait for the right person to come along
>>
>>16861612
And ditch the gf i have been with four 5 years?
>>
Why do you need the same hobbies as girls? I wouldn't have a problem with my boyfriend being into any of those things except weed, and perhaps guns. And there are girls out there who do share your hobbies - one of my best friends loves cars and scifi/action movies. If you think that you can't get along with girls because of your hobbies, my friendship with her is proof right there that it's not your hobbies that's turning women off.

Men can have 'male' hobbies and women can have 'female' hobbies and get along just fine.
>>
>>16861633
This.

To me a perfect relationship is a)things you like doing b)things she likes doing c)things you like doing together. Those three do not, by any means, need to overlap.

Besides, there's nothing better than your lady trying to distract you from something you're doing so she can get some. One of my favorite memories is working on my motorcycle and her coming out to the garage in just an apron to "bring me something to drink".
>>
>>16861656
Got to add, c) can be as simple as cooking or watching TV or going on walks. What you do together doesn't have to be super special or interesting.
>>
>>16861591
>>16861598
>>16861608

Like. Nope. Don't.
I want to be the girly one. If a guy is more into make up and hair and whatever than I am, it is such a HUGE turn off.
>>
This
>>16861677

You don't want a girly hobby but a accepted manly hobby like sports.
>>
you people are fucking weird holy shit
>>
We both detest sports.
>>
If a guy was into girly shit, I'd assume he was gay.
>>
>>16861697
You should have your own hobbies. Your girlfriend should get some. You two should do something together: walking, something artsy, cooking, watching shows/movies/concerts, really fucking whatever.
But it is important to not be totally codependent.
>>
>Girls hate what I and most of the guys here enjoy the most. Video games, scifi movies, cars, guns , weed , whatever there interests into these hobbies are minimal or they outright hate them.

No no no, you've got it all wrong. Girls hate that stuff in BETAS because it either erodes their main selling points (resources, stability, time devoted to the woman) or does nothing to improve the man.

Women also tend towards "nag-gression"; that is to say they will use subtle, continuous tactics as part of a larger relationship war wherein they are constantly trying to gain ground in the relationship to get what they want out of it. Not all women do this, obviously, but there is a sizable fraction of the population that do. Sometimes men recognize these nag-gressions as "shit tests", sometimes it's just "women being women". First she changes your hobbies, then she changes your habits, then you quit your job you love to get one that you hate that makes a little more money - all prompted by the delicate application of social pressure, which women are so accomplished at.

It's a trap, you understand? OP you don't have to change your hobbies for a girl. The right girl for you is willing to enjoy you as you are (i.e. she sees you as her alpha), and not manipulate you into becoming something else. (It's arguable as to whether they even want you to do this, as this path usually ends up in getting ditched eventually)
>>
>>16861380

just date dudes

>be me
>no pants metro ride
>meet a qt brazilian dork with a button up shirt tucked into his underwear
>eye fucking each other
>end up taking home for a threesome with me and my friend
>take off his dorky clothes
>hes ripped underneath
>best of bothworlds.jpg
>he comes over about once a week
>is grateful that id spend 15 dollars on sushi for him
>gets excited to watch interstellar (his favorite movie)
>i show him magical girl madoka
>he cant wait to find out how it ends
>were going to watch digimon next

being gay is fucking awesome
>>
>>16861380
learn the guitar or other instrument.
>>
>>16861677
>>16861687

It's not a hobby of mine, it's a skill I accrued. I don't do hair in my spare time but I do know Cosmetology 101 from school.
>>
>>16861862
>It's not a hobby of mine
>A thread about hobbies
>>
>>16861871

It's a skill I accrued from the hobby/interest?

I'm merely saying that you can appeal to girls through any interest/hobby, manly or not. It just so happens I've had luck pulling girls using hair. What I know is hardly considered a skill to be fair. Its just applying shampoo, conditioner and massaging scalp and what not. I can also tease your hair. can you say the same? Nope.
>>
>>16861886

if ur at the point where a guy is shampooing and teasing your hair, they're already invested in you to some degree (or ur their hair dresser).

dont act like doing their hair is what sealed the deal you faggot
>>
>>16861886
I'm a girl, yes I can do those things.

>I'm merely saying that you can appeal to girls through any interest/hobby, manly or not
I agree, but I'd think a guy was gay if he was doing my hair or makeup or giving me skin care tips. Just saying.
>>
>>16861894

I guess...

No its not the primary means I get at girls lmfao... its one of those early date activities you get into. That said, its just an excuse to get into bathtub to wash a girls hair.

>>16861900
Oh no, I agree. I mean we can talk about skin care and hair shit because I learned about it. But its not my primary selling point. Plus, giving you tips would imply you need it so probably not.
>>
>degenerate interests like guns
I play tabletop Warhammer and I also adore guns and cars, and smoke the herbal Jew on occasion. What kind of liberal shithole do you live in?
>>
>>16861751
Some real truth here. Dam
>>
File: you.jpg (27 KB, 254x507) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
27 KB, 254x507
>>16861380
1) I've met plenty of women with some or all of those interests.
2) basic men and women (in general) have different interests corresponding to their gender. This has been true for as long as culture has been a thing.
3) Pic related.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.