[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
here's the issue /adv/ >ex and i had credit card open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: avatar[8].jpg (4 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
4 KB, 96x96
here's the issue /adv/
>ex and i had credit card open together(not under my name)
>credit card was closed out after breakup for obvious reasons
>just got an email from amazon saying charges were charged back from the card for items i bought -before- we broke up, that i paid for and now i owe them money
what do?
>>
Bankfag here.

It's impossible to close out a credit card while it has any kind of debt. You probably only blocked the plastic but didnt void the contract.

If you did not close the contract (and you must have any kind of validation code to prove so, you are fucked.

May I ask what brand of card it is?
>>
>>16861260
it's a capital one card. i called them and they just told me the card was closed and didn't say anything else.
>>
>>16861260
another question is, did capital one initiate the charge back or what? these are from months ago. i don't get how that's even possible.
>>
>>16861273

Contact them again and ask specifically if the contract is canceled. There have been a lot of cases where people think they card is closed out, but the contract is still going on.

Then again, if your card's contract is cancelled theres no way that you actually have any debt with Amazon.
>>
>>16861419
I called back but they can't tell me anything since I'm not the primary card holder.
>>
>>16861285

I have seen cases where, because of a glitch in the system, charges can appear months later after they were done. So its not impossible, albeit it is very rare.

In any case, if you actually have some debt Amazon doesnt has anything to do with you anymore. The payment is done through the card company, not the card owner, remember?
>>
>>16861436

Oh, I see. Your only choice right now its to contact your ex to see what is going on. Amazon probably emailed you because the transaction was made with your card, but the contract is still signed with your ex's name (usually every business can only see the name of the card owner, but not the name of the contract owner, which is responsible in most cases).

Good luck dealing with your ex OP. I hope you both enjoy your trip together to the bank.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.