[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I just kill myself? I spent years going to university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 437x336) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 437x336
Should I just kill myself? I spent years going to university to go into IT and program because I liked it somewhat but now that I'm graduated and looking for work I don't feel I can do any of the jobs. Even the graduate positions seem too hard for me. I can't even be motivated to do project to try and improve and even if I did I can't just do nothing for months. I've already been doing that. I can't even be bothered to do things I enjoy. Nothing is fun everything is hard. Food tastes like shit and is a chore to eat. Exercising is tiring and seems to make me fatter.

I can't really do anything about it either.
>>
Seek professional help. You're not going to get better unless you want to get better.
>>
>>16859931
What is a professional going to do except give me drugs?
>>
>>16859934
Give you free drugs
>>
>>16859934
Psychiatrists give you drugs. Counselors are there to talk to and give advice.
>>
>>16859958
I just can't think of any advice I'm not already aware of.
>>
>>16859964
Are you interested in getting better? I spoke to a counselor for a year and took medication for two years. I'm not fully recovered, but I would recommend to at least speak to a counselor. They may offer some insight.
>>
>>16859996
I am, I just hate the idea of going to someone for this. I've been before and it made me feel like shit for whatever reason so I stopped. What if I'm just being a hypochondriac? The only reason it's happening is because of me so the only one who can fix it is me. I also don't have a few years to do nothing. I'm already getting questions when I apply for jobs why I haven't had one yet.
>>
>>16859923
So you have a kik OP ? I'm kinda in a similar position and we could chat if you'd like .
>>
>>16859958
Drugs can be really helpful, though.

I've been through counseling and been on drugs, and both definitely exist for good reasons.
>>
Also taking IT here and the thought of working a job in the field is daunting. Seriously considering visiting a counsellor or something but I'm too anxious.
>>
>>16859923
job openings always sound harder than they actually are, the team goes to HR with a list of features they want and then HR draws it up like you need to be literally every one of them to even have a chance at the job, in reality the hired candidate will be nowhere near there except for prestigious jobs

start interviewing you'll be surprised how easy it is honestly
>>
>>16860391
I don't have kik, sorry. I'm a huge loser so no need for social apps.

>>16860454
Do independent projects while you have an excuse to waste time.

>>16860461
The biggest problem is I have such a broad range of knowledge nothing is very in-depth. jack of all trades, master of none kind of thing.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>16860500
Haha something like this? I feel this way too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.