[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ I've fallen in love with a good female friend of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Cat.gif (476 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Cat.gif
476 KB, 500x281
Hi /adv/
I've fallen in love with a good female friend of mine 2 months ago.
I know I should just tell her, and I probably will, but I'm less worried about rejection than our friendship afterwards.
Can some of you who did this tell me how their friendship went afterwards?
>>
Your friendship is over either way. You're hurting yourself if you let it continue if she doesn't love you back. Best to find out now
>>
>>16858602

its never truly salvaged if ur 'in love'. if you had a little crush you could maybe slide back, but even then its weird.

ur expecting someone to act like nothing ever happened after you admit strong feelings for her. if there isnt any feelings returned, thats awful awkward.
>>
>>16858946
>>16858940
So you suggest I shouldn't say anything?
I've known her for over 1 1/2 years, and I really don't want to lose this friendship.
>>
I'm in the same situation. I told her and she did act like nothing happened. We're best friends now but it's fucking painful (she slept with another guy after telling me she didn't want to do that)
>>
>>16858974

its already over mate. you're 2loveydovey4her.

closure is more powerful than people give it credit for. we've all been in a situation where we promise were going to be this noble best friend who doesnt admit their feelings for hte lady, cuz having them as a friend is better than not having them at all.

but we just end up caving at some point because just being around them makes us feel like were going to burst.

so yeah, no matter what you do, its all downhill from here
>>
>>16858974
You don't want to hear this but you're setting yourself up for a lot of pain if you continue your friendship like that. You should either tell her and see what happens. Or stop being friends with her if you can't get over the crush
>>
>>16858984
Well that sounds a bit hope inducing. Funny thing is ever since I've known her I've never seen or heard of her getting with anybody, even though she's quite hot and I'm sure a lot of guys fall for her.
I think it would hurt quite a bit of she started seeing someone
>>16858987
You're probably right, but at the moment the feelings don't kill me
>>
>>16859004

>feelings dont kill me

sure its love m8?
>>
>>16859007
Definitely a harder crush.
Maybe I formulated it a bit wrong, but English is not my native language.
In mean something more than a casual crush, but not "real" love (which I define as something that grows in a relationship over years)
>>
>>16859022

then its whatever, go do what you want
>>
>>16859027
Why so dismissive now?
If I had said something along the lines "love of my life" about someone I've not even had the balls to ask out I would have been called childish
>>
>>16859022
out of curiosity, what's your native language?

Also, I'd say go for it. This friendship is anyway already tainted with stronger feelings. Another thing is that if you do nothing, you'll wonder what could have been and that's always more shitty than having a clear situation.
>>
>>16859045
German
>>
In my experience, friendships being ruined after he admits feelings is usually because of his reaction, not mine/the female. People can deal with it, but the person themselves makes it awkward by thinking the other person finds it awkward.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.